• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australian Barbarians vs England

Banahan!

It's confusing watching without sound when they dont show on screen who's subbed :p I've only just noticed Geraghty on the pitch, did he go on for Hodgson?

yeah he did, his impact created that try easily

FT: 28 - 28
I hate when matched end in a draw, i'd have rather we lost. They should play extra time or something

Why the hell did England place the ball down for a 22?

i think its a worse result for england than the barbarians
lol o'connor i want him in the wallabie squad now

28-28, great result for BaaBaa rugby really. James O'Connor sounds like he did something pretty special out there today, I'd expect him to work his way into the test team at some point this season. Ratings on other players? How did the respective set pieces get on? Did England's new centre pairing show anything special?

Barkley was alright in attack, but poor in defence. Tait was decent in attack and solid in defence, he rucked well as well. They linked together alright, but i was disappointed with barkley tbh.
If our scrum wasn't on fire then the scoreline would be very different, i think. It was a solid performance from all the forwards tbh, rucked well and were always there in support. Lineout was decent, didn't steal much and didn't lose much, so just did alright. Mauls were also strong.
Hopefully Johnson takes note of how a strong scrum can help the team out, and drop Payne. Monye looked tired, i though. He wasn't ask quick as normal, and when chasing kicks it looked like he was jogging rather than running. Wigglesworth did well, nothing spectacular, but held his own. His passing was alot better than whoever the BaaBaaas 9 was, most of his passes were hitting the shoes of his players.
Hodgson was solid, tried hard to get everyone going, made a few linebreaks. What kicking he did was alright, remember seeing one go out on the full, but he had a few chips and grubbers that were decent, Barkley did all the goal kicking though. Defended well as well. I can't really remember seeing Banahan when he didn;t have the ball in hand. Scored a try, but it was more because he was the last guy in the line than any specific brilliance by him. Armitage was anonymous as well, and when he did have the ball he didn't do to great (i remember once he recieved a kick about 5-10m from the England line, then instead of clearing it, he ran sideways across the pitch the gave a hospital pass to Monye).
Can't really comment on the subs because i didn't really notice when they came on. Don't think Chuters throwing was as good as Mears though

Latest posts