Available in France (ps2 , xbox) what about pc ??

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by lecdg2, Jan 18, 2006.

1. lecdg2

lecdg2 Guest

I'm just coming back from town. RC2006 was sold in one shop for PS2 and Xbox. The seller weren't able to tell me when the PC versio will be ship. Look like i've to wait before playing...

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Coco

Coco Guest

Ahh you've got it already - lucky @&£$!

That's a bit odd, I would have thought that all shops would have them all at teh same time. Do you not have a PS2 or Xbox then lecdg2?

Coco

4. Darhf

Darhf Guest

Calm down, it's due to be released tomorrow.

Some stores received it early. fnac.com seems to have the PC version in stock.

On alapage, the Xbox version is delayed (because maybe they took too much preorders ?), and on Amazon nothing has changed so far.

5. lecdg2

lecdg2 Guest

TO Darhf, ps2 and xbox versions are sold at dockgames, rue Saint Rome. Hope you 're right for the pc version

6. Darhf

Darhf Guest

I already ordered it on alapage, but thanks for the info/

7. loratadine

loratadine Guest

i saw the game in town today - the cover and the back looks sweet, i went straight home to have an early night.
    you do the maths

8. Handsomebob

Handsomebob Guest

the game is out in france
    i played a couple games already.. vs a friend
    fun but not a very good game technically speaking ( some animations are all crappy)
    i'll be able to tell you more later
    i think Rugby 2006 should be better.

9. lecdg2

lecdg2 Guest

i've read a couple of review on french forum and I amm afraid they are not very good.
    It say to be too similar to wrc an d a little buggy ...
    I still want to try it by myself but I'm waiting for rugby 2006....

If you understand french, here is an official review on one of the most poular videogames sitehere

Final note: 12/20

10. loratadine

loratadine Guest

i like these sort of games.

hey handsomebob you are a legend

11. toup

toup Guest

By the way, anyone wanting to see more screens there are loads on that review site...

12. spearman

spearman Guest

From what I can pick up with my very limited French and the aid of assorted translation sites jeuxvideo basically say that:
    The game is very playable, particularly the ruck and maul/scrum systems (i.e they are easy to understand)

The gameplay is good but repetetive because of the lack of set moves.

The following is a translated quote form their conclusion on gameplay.
    "Nevertheless, inventive freedom is not the master word of this title which offers nothing tempting in the gameplay which proves to be rather repetitive and therefore without big interest in time."

On the whole the review is quite negative. Whether this will stop me ordering RC2006 I don't know - at the moment though I'm inclined to keep my pre-order as Trev has been great and because Swordfish have made a great game according to the reviews of many on this forum.

As Trev said in one of his posts - if you're looking for a rugby simulation then RC2006 isn't it - my advice is to buy the game, you can always trade it in for Rugby 2006 later if it doesn't live up to expectations and by having bought it you support Swordfish and competition for EA. Best of all you'll get a rugby game in which the AI defense isn't one massive cock-up (for reference see Rugby05 [​IMG] )

13. diegobgr

diegobgr Guest

It is out for PC?

14. Coco

Coco Guest

I've used a translation programme thing and this is what it translated the review to. There are quite a few mistakes and parts that don't make sense, but you can get the general jist of it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Well that's it, try and make some sense of it.

Coco

15. toup

toup Guest

Is the PC version out in France yet? The delay is concerning me as it could also mean a delay to the PC version elsewhere. It would also be nice to see a few screenshots and movies for those of us who haven't played yet just to whet our appetite just before release!

16. Darhf

Darhf Guest

My pc version shipped yesterday, so I guess it's out.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I get back an adsl connexion at home.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!