• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Available in France (ps2 , xbox) what about pc ??

L

lecdg2

I'm just coming back from town. RC2006 was sold in one shop for PS2 and Xbox. The seller weren't able to tell me when the PC versio will be ship. Look like i've to wait before playing...

Ahh you've got it already - lucky @&£$!

That's a bit odd, I would have thought that all shops would have them all at teh same time. Do you not have a PS2 or Xbox then lecdg2?

Coco

Calm down, it's due to be released tomorrow.

Some stores received it early. fnac.com seems to have the PC version in stock.

On alapage, the Xbox version is delayed (because maybe they took too much preorders ?), and on Amazon nothing has changed so far.

TO Darhf, ps2 and xbox versions are sold at dockgames, rue Saint Rome. Hope you 're right for the pc version

Originally posted by lecdg2@Jan 19 2006, 04:35 AM
TO Darhf, ps2 and xbox versions are sold at dockgames, rue Saint Rome. Hope you 're right for the pc version
I already ordered it on alapage, but thanks for the info/

i saw the game in town today - the cover and the back looks sweet, i went straight home to have an early night.
you do the maths

the game is out in france
i played a couple games already.. vs a friend
fun but not a very good game technically speaking ( some animations are all crappy)
i'll be able to tell you more later
i think Rugby 2006 should be better.

i've read a couple of review on french forum and I amm afraid they are not very good.
It say to be too similar to wrc an d a little buggy ...
I still want to try it by myself but I'm waiting for rugby 2006....

If you understand french, here is an official review on one of the most poular videogames sitehere

Final note: 12/20

Originally posted by lecdg2@Jan 18 2006, 06:14 PM
i've read a couple of review on french forum and I amm afraid they are not very good.
It say to be too similar to wrc an d a little buggy ...
I still want to try it by myself but I'm waiting for rugby 2006....

If you understand french, here is an official review on one of the most poular videogames sitehere

Final note: 12/20
By the way, anyone wanting to see more screens there are loads on that review site...

From what I can pick up with my very limited French and the aid of assorted translation sites jeuxvideo basically say that:
The game is very playable, particularly the ruck and maul/scrum systems (i.e they are easy to understand)

The gameplay is good but repetetive because of the lack of set moves.

The following is a translated quote form their conclusion on gameplay.
"Nevertheless, inventive freedom is not the master word of this ***le which offers nothing tempting in the gameplay which proves to be rather repetitive and therefore without big interest in time."

On the whole the review is quite negative. Whether this will stop me ordering RC2006 I don't know - at the moment though I'm inclined to keep my pre-order as Trev has been great and because Swordfish have made a great game according to the reviews of many on this forum.

As Trev said in one of his posts - if you're looking for a rugby simulation then RC2006 isn't it - my advice is to buy the game, you can always trade it in for Rugby 2006 later if it doesn't live up to expectations and by having bought it you support Swordfish and competition for EA. Best of all you'll get a rugby game in which the AI defense isn't one massive cock-up (for reference see Rugby05
<
)

I've used a translation programme thing and this is what it translated the review to. There are quite a few mistakes and parts that don't make sense, but you can get the general jist of it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
While simulations rugbylistiques pain to impose as of good sport games, essential to all fan of the kind, Ubisoft launches itself in this circle for the moment closed with for ambition to come ***iller EA Sports not reaching again to take off.  Betting a lot on the container rather than the manner, the developers of Rugby Tournament 2006 semblances have ajar a gap.  The competition would she be at last current?  As all editor having an important picture to assume, Ubisoft started with to offer itself the parrainage of Dimitri Yachvili, half of brawl of the France equipe and Olympic Biarritz in order to give a certain dimension to his all new frankness, well decided to enter by the big door in the world of the ovalie.  To continue in the collaboration of names known current rugby, know that this are John Abeilhou and Jerôme Cazalbou that assure the commentaries of this opus, tempting to do us to divide their passion through their interventions.  Here therefore of what do not change surroundings the regulars of the television retransmissions in order dive them in the mood festive that one knows.  This in any case this that Rugby Tournament 2006 stretched to realize, while proposing notably to evolve in mythical stadiums as Twickenham, the Millenium Stadium Cardiff, Lansdowne Road or again Murrayfield, theaters of encounters remained in the memory of the fascinated. 

The asm in action!  As underlined higher, Rugby Tournament 2006 east a ***le that did not skimp on the number of competitions to attract the attention and propose a life length maximum.  To the final one, one notices oneself after the passage some reviewed different methods of proposed games that nothing was forgotten, allowing all club fan or bear national selection to direct the team that pleases for him in any competition.  To begin, one counts four national championships that are the Top 14, the championships More english and More scottish and of course More great 12.  On the other hand, the Top 14 east the alone to present itself under his official name, the other licenses not having been obtained.  One adds thereto the presence of the national cuttings and of a reserved supercoupe to selections all-star or continental.  For some to finish with the clubs, know that the cutting of europe is equally on the part, that one can dispute with the engaged teams during the season 2005-2006 or with a random selection of clubs.  Side of the national selections, the choice less is not restricted since we proposed a World Cup, the Tournament of the 6 nations, Sort it Nations and the possibility to carry out continental turns (with once of more non official names). 

Certain players are passive étrangements.  The menus leave therefore to anticipate better one so much than it is necessary to count on of other game methods as the challenge, proposing interesting positions such as to convert the history into winning legendary games, succeed winning a game while being constrained of not to preserve the more one than 3 ball seconds by player or again to take part in of the meet obedient to the rules.  A complete extremist entraînement allows us equally to accustom us quickly to the orders and to become more and more performance in every domain of the game, increasing difficulty little by little.  At last, it is possible to take the reindeers of a team that one personnalise while buying players with the means of the edge in order to fill our gaps line by line, to succeed ascending the rungs while starting with the 4th division.  On the paper, the all east therefore frank tempting since nothing was left at random so much as one can modify the names of the competitions, teams and players and create its own tournaments, cut and championships when one succeeded in all to win.  One does not forget of course the stadiums that are at the number of ten, the most important ones being quoted higher in the test one will add simply the stadium Velodrome, alone French den to be present here. 
The presentations being done, pass to the most important one: the gameplay.  It first of all counseled to go through the entraînement before trampling the lawn for a first confrontation in order to be familiarized with the usage of the keys and thus not to be lost to the crucial moments that can be the key, the transformations, the brawls, the mauls or again the different kicks that one is brought to carry out according to the evolution of.  There again, one notices oneself finally that all was rather well thought to avoid that one does not mix oneself the pinceaux, the games of rugby being in fact well too often extremely complicated to mastery.  To take example, the sprouts some mixed are represented by informers that turn in a color circle, the goal being to lean on the good key the moment this one is located completely to right (or to the left, according to the side on which one evolves) dudit circle in order to help its players to get the upper hand on the adverse pack.  Other example, to know our physical impact on the progression of a brawl opened, a divided gauge in two indicates us if it is necessary or no to include additional players to keep or resume the possession of the ball, this that is finally very practical.  Once the possessed bullet, one has the whole times to organize its lines and to replace its protected ones to set off again of the before. 

Which pack will get the upper hand?  If all this appears therefore well mastered and simple to use, the remainder of the gameplay is frank questionable.  First of all, this one proves itself very repetitive: one sets up, one gives, one sets up, one gives etc... and this, untiringly since it is very complicated to apply more complex tactics including the game to the foot, floods to the bore, baskets or penetrating groups, the protagonists not being frank receptive and stopping itself abruptly in the middle of the lawn when one.  One regrets really that it be not possible to create tactics and to ask the players not possessing the bullet to take such or such placement or to put some places such or such defense.  Playability remains therefore very basal and rather limit for an amateur of the beautiful game.  I add thereto a chaotic management of the rule of the advantage by the referee, notably at the time of the out adverse games, very not very whistled well that harming totally to the construction of an offensive.  Of more, it happen that the player possessing the ball having the half of the body in always touches is considered as in the game, this that is completely illogical and in disagreement with the rules of the rugby.  Always to that level, the most scared one is than it be enough easily possible to do forward without than the one-eyed one that uses official not daigne to make use of his sifflet.  At last, the trajectories borrowed by the ball are truly surrealist, playability being regulated for that one do the less than possible errors.  In fact, if it we arrive to pass some meters behind while the addressee is on the same line or almost, the bullet brushes itself all alone and lands miraculous in the hands of the player... 
Certain phenomena come to return equally meet them particularly laughable, notably when, for a reason that escapes me totally, four or five players of the adverse team wanting to defend their bases do not arrive to bypass the posts of the enbut and rush literally over until to knock senseless itself and remain K.O. on the ground!  All this is well damage for the game behaves a good number of likable and interesting ideas coming to return the accessible gameplay but certain points were left out, notably the usage of the game to the foot, that, if it becomes maîtrisable after long hours of practice, does not prove itself that very rarely paying, the teammates of the half one of opening having a crazy evil to follow and to Kicks to follow, of kicks shaving or of diagonal ones aiming to give a new orientation to the offensive.  If one notes therefore a big variety in the game methods and the proposed competitions, this is not of the the whole cases with regards to the gameplay, that, all while being simple to reach, does not propose enough variations of trains game, one sees it notably with an I.A. attacking and defending practically the whole times of the same manner, doing especially it wingers or of the before and not thanks to a collective one well oiled game[/b]

Well that's it, try and make some sense of it.

Coco

Is the PC version out in France yet? The delay is concerning me as it could also mean a delay to the PC version elsewhere. It would also be nice to see a few screenshots and movies for those of us who haven't played yet just to whet our appetite just before release!

Originally posted by toup@Jan 24 2006, 12:24 AM
Is the PC version out in France yet? The delay is concerning me as it could also mean a delay to the PC version elsewhere. It would also be nice to see a few screenshots and movies for those of us who haven't played yet just to whet our appetite just before release!
My pc version shipped yesterday, so I guess it's out.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I get back an adsl connexion at home.