• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

• Thread starter SaintsFan_Webby
  • Start date
S

SaintsFan_Webby

Right guys and girls.

The staff are looking to update the current avatar galleries, allowing new members to pick from a range of shiny TRF-branded images of players, club logos etc to be displayed under their name. They are currently a touch out of date, with the likes of Corne Krige still pictured in full flight for the Stormers.

We want your views on which players are the most recognisable and important in world rugby, both at international and club level. Which players make your side tick and deserve to be immortalised in the form of a wonderful hand-crafted TRF avatar?

We can't move forward without your input.

Go...

Right People we currently have the following categories...
  • Base Gallery - General Avatars
  • Guinness Premiership - Team Logo's
  • Guinness Premiership Players - Selection of GP Players
  • International Logos
  • International Players - A Selection of International Players
  • Magners League - Team Logo's Only
  • NPC - Team Logo's Only
  • NRL - Team Logo's Only
  • Super 12 Players
  • Super 12 Logo's
We need to update the Super 12 to obviously the Super 14....

I would also like to see a Section for Super League and possibly Top 14, National League 1

So has anybody got any suggestions??

Have we settled on a size, 90x90 or 120x120???
[/b]

120x120.

As a rough guide to what we are trying to do, here is an example I knocked up:

reihanaava1fj3.jpg

We need your sugestions though people...

Maybe have "Legends" for former players that have had their name inscribed in folklore, the likes of Meads, Blanco and Edwards and what not.

Was thinking that we could include one of all those players currently in the TRF Hall of Fame.

and current big name International players like Carter and McCaw and stuff :)

and current big name International players like Carter and McCaw and stuff :)
[/b]

Yes.

That's why I want members to suggest which players we should have in there, picking out the key players for their team!

I like the Idea of the Legends...

as long as we can get the pics we should be able to make as many avatars as possible, to give a wide range...

Air NZ Cup - Defenitly the Southland Stags logo :p..wouldnt be NZ rugby without Southland :p..you wouldnt have the likes of Justin Marshall, Corey Flynn and others without Southland :p

NRL - Have all the teams :) .. they are all apart of the comp after all.

Super 14 Players - All the usual All Black stars, eg: Nonu, Weepu, Collins, Carter, McCaw, R.Gear, Rokocoko, Sivivatu etc

i know where we can get pics of the legends

sporting-heroes.net has tons of pics.

and maybe include the game changers from each particular nation, and the big time stars from competitions and such

and maybe include the game changers from each particular nation, and the big time stars from competitions and such
[/b]

YES!

That's what I'm going for, but no one is providing me with any sepcific names or examples. At the moment I'm just having the idea thrown back at me but worded in different ways.

We need feedback - which players are of specific importance for your international or domestic team?

For Leinster, Contepomi would be the fans favourite, and if you're talking about Leinster legends then you'd be looking at the likes of Girve, Reggie and the Mullet. Not quite legends but they certainly have a cult following.

Munster, you'd probably be looking at the likes of POC, ROG, Axel and legends, Clohessy, Wood and Galwey.

In the Irish team, BOD, D'Arse, ROG, POC, take your pic. As for legends, Willie John McBride, Mike Gibson, Jackie Kyle, Fergus Slattery, Simon Geoghegan.

Are we talking about having just one under each category or do we want more than that?

Are we talking about having just one under each category or do we want more than that?
[/b]

If there are a few of us making them then I don't see why we can't have at least 2 or 3 for each side.

As far as the Welsh regions go (and these are MY opinions, people are more than welcome to disagree), but i thought i'd name a nice big list and if anyone wants to disagree with any then we can cross them off. But all these players i'm selecting are important in my eyes. NB. I have opted to put the captain from each region in as well:

Ospreys - Shane Williams (of course), Gavin Henson, James Hook, Hair-Bear-Bunch, Alyn-Wyn Jones
Scarlets - Stephen Jones, Dwayne Peel, Regan King, Alix Popham, Simon Easterby
Dragons - Kevin Morgan, Colin Charvis, Ceri Sweeney, Ian Gough, Gareth Cooper
Blues - Tom Shanklin, Ben Blair, Martin Williams, Xavier Rush, Jamie Robinson

Welsh current team - Stephen Jones, Dwayne Peel, Tom Shanklin, James Hook, Shane Williams, Alyn-Wyn Jones, Martin Williams, Alix Popham, Ryan Jones.

Welsh Legends - JPR Williams, Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennett, Gerald Davies, Mervyn Davies.

I hope that's a help, but i feel with the amount of players i named it is nothing more than a hinderance.

Wooden Spoon?!?

Don't forget how capable I will be at screwing you over come May, when you're on my home turf...ok Charlie Boy? :bleh!:

lol I guess England Shirts are out of the picture then..

on that point, how about having the shirts as Avatar options...

I see if I can drop the 's' & add 'less' to the welsh jersey's 'Brains' sponsor, 'Brainless'

Latest posts