• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 11

Weeeeyyyyyy,
I'll take a win at Welford Road every day.
Think we left 18pts out there through missed kicks, but IDGAF. Apparently the wind was really terrible so I'm not toooooooo too worried about the kicking.

Weeeeyyyyyy,
I'll take a win at Welford Road every day.
Think we left 18pts out there through missed kicks, but IDGAF. Apparently the wind was really terrible so I'm not toooooooo too worried about the kicking.

Can't wait for Taylor, Addison, Cips and Beaumont to go.

Mauger and Cockers apparently was talking to Addison and Beaumont after the game.

Followed by shaking hands and saying can't wait to join you.

Then I woke up.

Apparently Addison is being announced as re-signing very soon.

Beaumont still has time left on his contract but I'd try and get him to sign on now - offer him double or triple his current wages

Can't wait for Taylor, Addison, Cips and Beaumont to go.

Mauger and Cockers apparently was talking to Addison and Beaumont after the game.

Followed by shaking hands and saying can't wait to join you.

Then I woke up.

Mauger is off to Sale?

They could take it in turns to get suspended then for comments about the ref!

Massive win today 20-13. Annoying they got a bonus point but are well we're not dead yet.;). Ciaran Hearn has been a top signing.

good win for Irish hopefully we can get 1 back on them at six ways, I'll have to accept another losing bonus point :/

Am I right in thinking Exeter wrongly had a try disallowed but also were penalized for offside wrongly for the last and winning penalty?

Steenson's kick was charged down which as I understand it, put his team mates onside when one subsequently handled it?

A three point loss should have been a seven point win?

Not seen it, so I don't know - but yes, a kick touched in flight (by an opponent) puts everyone onside, as it's now a loose pass back.

On the other hand, I've never understood why a chargedown isn't a knock-on... not that I want to see it changed, of course, but still.

I didn't think it was a pen on first viewing because of the camera angle but I do believe the ball ricocheted off of the player who charged it down then hit Steenson and then touched another Exeter player in front of him. The try that was wrongly disallowed couldn't have been reviewed as the ref blew his whistle almost immediately after the phantom knock on.

I didn't think it was a pen on first viewing because of the camera angle but I do believe the ball ricocheted off of the player who charged it down then hit Steenson and then touched another Exeter player in front of him. The try that was wrongly disallowed couldn't have been reviewed as the ref blew his whistle almost immediately after the phantom knock on.

If it "hit" Steenson, who made no effort to play it, does that really put a player in front of him offside?

Why is that different to a forward pass then?

Yes, if it hits Steenson again, then it puts anyone in front of him back offside.
It's different from a forward pass because the "receiving" player is offside; which is a penalty offence (and cardable if deliberate)

If we're talking about refereeing howlers Barnes' decision to not give Ojos try was a joke apparently a slight touch on a player 50 metres and 4 phases away counts as obstruction

Latest posts