• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 9

I'm glad I'm not a Saints/Tigers fan (for more than one reason, really) - East Midlands hospitals will be full of heart attacks after this!

Comedy of errors the last few mins - that DG attempt was a terrible idea in that location/that far out. Plenty of time to keep driving.
Then Foden's refusal to kick/rushed offload and then the poor kick from Collins.
Mmmeeennntttaaalll

Waldrom?
No.
He's a good bulldozer but has literally no other strings to his bow.

As a saints fan I've been moaning about lawes carrying for years. He doesn't lift his knees high enough when he runs so he makes he legs really easy targets.

Players like croft and Gaskell have a high step making there legs harder to bring down.

Would have been nice for him to work on this in the last 5 years.

.....by being a bulldozer.

Christ, if you're going to try and argue at least read the (very short) post you're quoting.

Even you should admit that Waldrom is currently one of the form 8s. OK, so he's maybe not the future 8 for England, but he keeps putting in good performances
and he does what he does well.
Personally, I'd like to see Beaumont given his chance, but sadly, the trundler Vunipola seems to be in pole position.

The only people who think Waldrom is a form 8 are those who look at his try stats and not anything else.

He is a finisher that is it.

I wouldn't even have Waldrom in the Saxons. He's old (or at least will be by the RWC, and when you consider his drop between last season and this I don't bank on him being a Read/Easter and perfoming till he's 40), not English, not good enough for international rugby.

Makes me laugh that you'd call Binny names when he's far more dynamic than Waldrom.

I wouldn't even have Waldrom in the Saxons. He's old (or at least will be by the RWC, and when you consider his drop between last season and this I don't bank on him being a Read/Easter and perfoming till he's 40), not English, not good enough for international rugby.

Makes me laugh that you'd call Binny names when he's far more dynamic than Waldrom.

Neither would I, as there are others - Morgan and Beaumont who are higher in the pecking order. Dynamic is hardly the word I'd use for Vunipola, but in the meantime, enjoy your laugh!

TTE for England?

Neither would I
WMEkthK.jpg

Absolutely hate this idea of Vunipola being one dimensional. If you watch him for Sarries, he clearly isn't. Excluding Hughes, probably our best 8 jackaling over the ball, makes tonnes of tackles (and importantly, often stops players on the gainline), clears rucks well and I suspect he provides a large shove from the back of the scrum. Decent hands for an 8 too, good offloading game. He's not just a good tight carrier.