• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 16/17 Round 15

So many tries this weekend.
Around 47 tries this weekend average of around 7/8 tries in each game.

What a difference dry warmish weather makes.

Who says the prem can't play attacking rugby.

Diamond talks a load of rubbish going on about money Sale now have the money FFS and he tried to use the money to get Ford and is trying to us it to get anyone.

Don't think he's denying that, just that at the moment, the money hasn't transferred into their squad.

Don't think he's denying that, just that at the moment, the money hasn't transferred into their squad.

Yeh but he's acting like Sale are the cheapest team in the league Falcons spend prob about the same amount and are higher.

Plays the woe is me crap to often.

Phillips ain't exactly on tiny money he was just a stupid buy.

We spend significantly less than falcons, apparently.
We'll probably spend up to the cap from now on, but we were comfortably the cheapest side in the prem, lower than Irish/Falcons/even London Welsh

They were saying it's a shame that Sale aren't in the top four, in response, he said that the squads in the top four have had a lot of money spent on them.

Sale's current squad haven't. But with their academy and new money they are building towards that.

You're implying stuff that he simply didn't say.

Not what I have heard re Falcons.

You're recent re-signings knocked up a lot of cash this season (not saying you are close to cap but you and Falcons are close.

They were saying it's a shame that Sale aren't in the top four, in response, he said that the squads in the top four have had a lot of money spent on them.

Sale's current squad haven't. But with their academy and new money they are building towards that.

You're implying stuff that he simply didn't say.

He said there are a lot of clubs above us and below us. How does below us translate to top 4? I know he said to get into that top 4 you need to spend the cash and that those clubs are but I'm not putting words into his mouth.

Just Diamond for the last 3 seasons has been saying that Sale need 3/4 top players and that he is close to signing them and it never happens, it's all talk and he claims a lot of it is becuase of the money well Sale didn't lose Miller, Gaskell or Taylor because of Money and didn't get Ford due to lack of money either.

I annoyed me when Cockers and Cohen (our CEO) tired to say similar to Diamond.

Last edited:
Lol Wasps all stars getting munched.

Incoming Wasps fans "It's not fair we are missing 4 players, We shouldn't be playing during the 6N's"

No would just help if Cipriani pulled his head out of his **** and stopped doing stupid **** that costs us 10 points every game the guy is a show pony who is a liability. Would also be good if Eastmond realised he is no longer on the treatment table and that when your on the field your expected to play rugby

Last edited:
Just watched highlights of Leicester v Bristol. Don't know about anyone else but despite the number of tries, especially the first ones, I'd say apart from Owen Williams kick, most of the tries were from poor tackling than inventiveness by Leicester. Yes they still had to finish, but overall I still saw aimless running into the defence, especially around the ruck and pick and go's without any forwards backing up and pushing from behind. Maybe I'm being overally harsh, but I still think against better defences Leicester will struggle.

Just watched highlights of Leicester v Bristol. Don't know about anyone else but despite the number of tries, especially the first ones, I'd say apart from Owen Williams kick, most of the tries were from poor tackling than inventiveness by Leicester. Yes they still had to finish, but overall I still saw aimless running into the defence, especially around the ruck and pick and go's without any forwards backing up and pushing from behind. Maybe I'm being overally harsh, but I still think against better defences Leicester will struggle.

I've thought Tigers are a bit of a flat track bully side, they will come undone against good sides but then beat the living daylights out of worse sides.

Perhaps you should watch the whole game.

Tigers actually had forwards running hard, same against Glous.

Not sure how you can judge the overall play from just highlights. And obvious we will struggle more against better defences.

Ranger nah we are not flat track bullies we struggled to score against a fart in the last couple of months even against meh teams.

Perhaps you should watch the whole game.

Tigers actually had forwards running hard, same against Glous.

Not sure how you can judge the overall play from just highlights. And obvious we will struggle more against better defences.

Ranger nah we are not flat track bullies we struggled to score against a fart in the last couple of months even against meh teams.

I would have except it wasn't actually on TV. My point was not about how hard they were running,I will admit they did run quite hard. However it still looked like they weren't playing with a clear game plan at times and still lacked support when they should have had it, for example pick a go's at the ruck. Hey maybe I am wrong, but my worry is that despite two good wins, there are still the basic problems that are continuing.

I would have except it wasn't actually on TV. My point was not about how hard they were running,I will admit they did run quite hard. However it still looked like they weren't playing with a clear game plan at times and still lacked support when they should have had it, for example pick a go's at the ruck. Hey maybe I am wrong, but my worry is that despite two good wins, there are still the basic problems that are continuing.

Plenty of streams on the internet have the games on.

Maybe open a bet365 account so you can watch the games.

The game plan was clear the majority of the tries where built on very good forward (Bar JPP second try) work the actual try bit tended to be the result of a poor tackle but he damage was done before hand.

Same with the game v Glous where Tigers exploited Glous defence system.

All games are on the usual streaming sites cause some website has the rights to show aviva (and LV, pro12 super etc. ) the games in a load of obscure countries, so people stream
from their site onto the illegal ones and it's decent quality.

Just Diamond for the last 3 seasons has been saying that Sale need 3/4 top players and that he is close to signing them and it never happens, it's all talk and he claims a lot of it is becuase of the money well Sale didn't lose Miller, Gaskell or Taylor because of Money and didn't get Ford due to lack of money either.

Tbh I don't like Diamond but he was pretty clear yesterday that Sale offered a lot of money for Ford but he personally preferred to go to Leicester.

Thought Sale were well worth their win yesterday - really fronted up and took their changes well.

As a Castleford fan, I still do not wish to discuss Solomona really but you can definitely see him getting approached by England.
I know he's said in the past that he leans toward NZ or Samoa but NZ is a bit of a long shot (and would require relocating) and Samoa don't have the money so....

I am quite surprised he isn't getting targetted more with kicks though.

Diamond facing a RFU disciplinary hearing after allegedly verbally abusing the ref after the Quins AWC game.

What was Cockers ban can't remember and CBA googling on my phone.

Latest posts