• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 16/17 - Round 18

I popped out and it was 17-10, walk in and ashton scores for 37-10

Massive effort from Worcester today. Surely that LBP is the nail in the coffin for Bristol.

What is the TRF consensus on Josh Adams? I wouldn't have thought he's an England contender at the moment, but if he keeps developing at this rate, he could be one to watch in a couple of years time.

Shame that Wuss picked up the red card - might have gone on and won it without!

That turned really easy really quick. 53-10 at home to Bath is a great result, not sure how you can capitulate so quickly though.

Thought Worcester were really good today. Their breakdown work and scrum were both far better than ours and to use a footbalism we were a little naive. We seemed to think we could go wide straight away and it wasn't working. Cipriani was poor today.

And yeah the red card was a massive shame. It was absolutely a red card, a bit like Daly's in the autumn with even less contact but a worse result in terms of the landing - was worried for Le Roux for a while after that. Anyway, Worcester are a good side and a credit to the competition. They could go places if they continue to build, and I'm glad they got two bonus points today to virtually secure their status next season.

All I know for sure is that if we play like that against Leinster we will lose very handily. Launchbury, Daly and Hughes should make a difference.

Last edited:
An interesting weekend of rugby ... I think the games today gave a bit of an illustration of where Wasps are relative to Saracens.

Now Saracens have their international players back, I think we'll see a few more dominant results like today. As good as Wasps can be, I think Saracens are just a brutal rugby machine.

Interesting to hear McCall tip Ashton for a Lions call. He's not been on the radar at all, but with no NH wingers really standing out, he could be a very interesting wildcard. I'm sure people will queue up to shoot the idea down but Ashton is still among the most dangerous finishers available for Lions selection.

Bath's capitulation was surprising in how bad it was, but I think their recent results have masked the fact that they're not all that good ... I think they'll be a much better team next season once Blackadder's had a proper preseason with the team and a chance to make some more signings.

Obviously Leicester have a few 'off-field' distractions but after Saturday's win, I wouldn't put it past them making the play-offs.

An interesting weekend of rugby ... I think the games today gave a bit of an illustration of where Wasps are relative to Saracens.

Now Saracens have their international players back, I think we'll see a few more dominant results like today. As good as Wasps can be, I think Saracens are just a brutal rugby machine.

Interesting to hear McCall tip Ashton for a Lions call. He's not been on the radar at all, but with no NH wingers really standing out, he could be a very interesting wildcard. I'm sure people will queue up to shoot the idea down but Ashton is still among the most dangerous finishers available for Lions selection.

Bath's capitulation was surprising in how bad it was, but I think their recent results have masked the fact that they're not all that good ... I think they'll be a much better team next season once Blackadder's had a proper preseason with the team and a chance to make some more signings.

Obviously Leicester have a few 'off-field' distractions but after Saturday's win, I wouldn't put it past them making the play-offs.

Yep, whilst home/away is there to consider, Wasps missing/resting/benching 7 first choice players, beat Wuss, whereas Sarries with a similar depth team fielded, lost to them.

Got to look on the bright side ;).

What is the TRF consensus on Josh Adams? I wouldn't have thought he's an England contender at the moment, but if he keeps developing at this rate, he could be one to watch in a couple of years time.

He's Welsh isn't he?

Yep, whilst home/away is there to consider, Wasps missing/resting/benching 7 first choice players, beat Wuss, whereas Sarries with a similar depth team fielded, lost to them.

Got to look on the bright side ;).

Yeah but our dads are bigger than yours

Our mothers are bigger than your mothers.

Wasps were poor yesterday, but still managed 6 tries. The red helped but we already had 3 at that time. As Raggs said, we are missing some ammunition here and there, and we didn't start out first choice front row yesterday. Still, got to be better to have a shot against Sarracens.

Latest posts