Newcastle.png

Bristol.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Sale.png

Exeter.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Bath.png

Live on BT Sport

Be interesting to see how these clubs perform as most were shown up in Europe, quite badly too. Only Sarries and to a lesser extent Wasps came out with any real credit.

Bath Rugby XV to face Exeter Chiefs
15 Tom Homer, 14 Semesa Rokoduguni, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Matt Banahan, 11 Aled Brew, 10 George Ford (co-capt), 9 Kahn Fotuali'i; 1 Nick Auterac, 2 Ross Batty, 3 Henry Thomas, 4 Luke Charteris, 5 Dave Attwood, 6 Matt Garvey (co-capt), 7 Tom Ellis, 8 Charlie Ewels.

Replacements

16 Tom Dunn, 17 Max Lahiff, 18 Kane Palma-Newport, 19 Elliott Stooke, 20 Guy Mercer, 21 Will Homer, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Jeff Williams.

Leicester Tigers (v Saracens, away, Saturday 3pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Peter Betham
12 Jack Roberts
11 JP Pietersen
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Ed Slater
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Ellis Genge
18 Logovi'i Mulipola
19 Luke Hamilton
20 Will Evans
21 Sam Harrison
22 Freddie Burns
23 George Catchpole

Wasps team to face Newcastle Falcons in Round 7 of Aviva Premiership Rugby

15. Rob Miller
14. Christian Wade
13. Elliot Daly
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Frank Halai
10. Jimmy Gopperth
9. Joe Simpson
1. Matt Mullan
2. Ashley Johnson
3. Marty Moore
4. Joe Launchbury (C)
5. Kearnan Myall
6. Alex Rieder
7. Guy Thompson
8. Nathan Hughes

16. Tom Cruse
17. Tom Bristow
18. Jake Cooper-Woolley
19. Matt Symons
20. James Gaskell
21. Dan Robson
22. Danny Cipriani
23. Alapati Leiua

The following players are unavailable for selection:

Forwards: James Haskell (toe), Sam Jones (broken leg & ankle ligaments), Alex Lundberg (ankle), Simon McIntyre (ankle), Tommy Taylor (neck), Thomas Young (chest)

Backs: Kurtley Beale (knee)

To arrive February: Willie Le Roux

[FONT=&quot]Newcastle Falcons team to face Wasps (Sunday, 2.30pm, Ricoh Arena):[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 Simon Hammersley[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 Marcus Watson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 Dominic Waldouck[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 Juan Pablo Socino[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11 Sinoti Sinoti[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 Mike Delany[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9 Michael Young[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 Sam Lockwood[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Ben Sowrey[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 Jon Welsh[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 Calum Green[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 Evan Olmstead[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 Mark Wilson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7 Will Welch (captain)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 Callum Chick[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Replacements:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]16 Scott Lawson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17 Rob Vickers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]18 David Wilson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]19 Will Witty[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20 Ally Hogg[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]21 Sonatane Takulua[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 Joel Hodgson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]23 Fred Burdon[/FONT]

Nice to see Chick and Witty both involved. Where does Welch sit in the England 7 debate? any realistic chances or overlooked?

For Eastmond, a good game here might well be enough to establish the 12 shirt for himself.

Sale Sharks: 15. Mike Haley, 14. Byron McGuigan, 13. Will Addison, 12. Johnny Leota, 11. Paolo Odogwu, 10. Sam James, 9. Peter Stringer, 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Neil Briggs, 3. Halani Aulika, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Andrei Ostrikov, 6. Cameron Neild, 7. Magnus Lund, 8. Josh Beaumont (c)

Replacements: 16. Eifion Lewis-Roberts, 17. Brian Mujati, 18. Jonathan Mills, 19. David Seymour, 20. Tom Curry, 21. Mike Phillips, 22. Dan Mugford, 23. Mark Jennings

Sam James starts at 10 again

Bath Rugby XV to face Exeter Chiefs
15 Tom Homer, 14 Semesa Rokoduguni, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Matt Banahan, 11 Aled Brew, 10 George Ford (co-capt), 9 Kahn Fotuali'i; 1 Nick Auterac, 2 Ross Batty, 3 Henry Thomas, 4 Luke Charteris, 5 Dave Attwood, 6 Matt Garvey (co-capt), 7 Tom Ellis, 8 Charlie Ewels.

Replacements

16 Tom Dunn, 17 Max Lahiff, 18 Kane Palma-Newport, 19 Elliott Stooke, 20 Guy Mercer, 21 Will Homer, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Jeff Williams.

Oh joy - starting with 5 locks again.

I never get decisions like that. The TMO, a professionally trained referee, offers his expert opinion when the screen is inches from his face, and the ref overturns the decision when he is 50m+ away from the screen?

May looks slick.
That run before half time was quality and his work rate on defence has been great.

Hopefully him and brown can go on a few man dates together so that they can get on the same wavelength for England cause they were terrible together before, never knowing what the other is doing.

I never get decisions like that. The TMO, a professionally trained referee, offers his expert opinion when the screen is inches from his face, and the ref overturns the decision when he is 50m+ away from the screen?

You didn't see last week's Bledisloe Cup I take it?

You didn't see last week's Bledisloe Cup I take it?

Yeah.... the idea that touch judges are anything other than (apparently fairly consistently) flawed viewers with a strong understanding of the laws is bogus.

They are inconsistent, although consistently manage to bungle calls and, along with much of the modern reffing system, drag the modern game down the ****ter.

Both on-field referees and TMOs are flawed, but TMOs at least have the benefit of a screen in front of their faces.

And yet despite all that, the officials as a team had a better day at the office than either Gloucester or Northampton as teams.

Nice to see Chick and Witty both involved. Where does Welch sit in the England 7 debate? any realistic chances or overlooked?

For Eastmond, a good game here might well be enough to establish the 12 shirt for himself.

With the current injury crisis, I thought Welch might be a wild card. He's a former age grade international, captains his club and, along with Wilson, stands out in an average team. I'd rate him as more of a Saxons player, but who knows? Had he been at a more fashionable club, he might have got more of a look in.

Eastmond has now had several decent games for Wasps. If he can keep his place and maintain his form, he'll be hard to dislodge.

Eastmond isn't in the 33 man squad is he?

Edit: Oops, thought we were talking about England :lol:
It'll be tough to split up the Cipriani/Gopperth combo. If anything I think it'd be more down to how Gopperth goes at 10. Jimmy is probably the first name on the sheet so it's whether they prefer Cips at 10 or Kyle at 12.

Last edited:
Sarries are actually playing pretty nice rugby this year, it's actually good watching them attack now. They've moved away from being a team of just numbers and pragmatism and now have a nice offloading game. If anything it's always their opposition who end up trying to grind out a win because of how well they can defend. The days of saying Sarries play boring rugby look to be over.

Tom Curry wins a turnover penalty with his first touch in the prem.

Haley's running has been excellent today, really hope he gets some game time for England

Edit: Curry gets a try 2mins later, excellent from Haley to dance past two defenders, on the touchline, before getting the offload away

Latest posts