• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 17/18 - Round 1

Tigers' line out was poor. Wouldn't say they'd have won if it'd been better, but if it doesn't improve they'll continue to come off second best as they were today.

Dare I say we missed Ed Slater and he would've got us over the line?

Thought we gifted that to Bath. One try given on a plate by us. Another came from a penalty that wasn't a penalty. We made too many errors at set piece and butchered chances.

I'm not saying we were any good at all but my word Bath were lucky.
Given the overall performance from Pearce, I don't think you'll be getting too much sympathy for being on the wrong end of that one

Because Faletau is the only Bath player in there, as soon as he lets go, the maul is over. So he's then free to tackle the player with the ball.

Surely the maul has already formed though?

Either way if it was a tackle wouldn't it be tackler not releasing then?

Dare I say we missed Ed Slater and he would've got us over the line?

since May was one of our better players i doubt it TBH. Would our other wings have scored those tries?

Given the overall performance from Pearce, I don't think you'll be getting too much sympathy for being on the wrong end of that one

TBF to pearce you lot did like 50 around the collar tackles.

What a shambles... Bath continuing with their **** poor discipline from last year. I was going to say Bath had the rub of the green until about the 60 min mark then it was a yellow for every infringement. The tackling though was absolutely pathetic, how can so many players keep tackling high over and over and over? Bath lost so many games last year through poor discipline and against Sarries we will be annihilated with discipline like that.

As for the Faletau thing, I don't see what's wrong. Players who come through the middle are allowed to reach over and grab the player at the back so why wouldn't Faletau be allowed to do the same? If you couldn't then it would be impossible to ever get hold of the ball carrier in a maul.

Surely the maul has already formed though?

Either way if it was a tackle wouldn't it be tackler not releasing then?

since May was one of our better players i doubt it TBH. Would our other wings have scored those tries?

TBF to pearce you lot did like 50 around the collar tackles.

Can't remember tbh, think "changing bind" is actually quite a technical thing, not necessarily as obviously descriptive as it sounds.

I'd say it's more Tigers were lucky to get the LBP. Bath looked better for larger parts of the game despite what stats may suggest.

What's the deal with having Tait on the bench and starting that Aussie? He was terrible, should've had Veianu on the wing and Tait at 15.
Even Tait at 13 and manu on the bench would've been better

Despite what the stats say I think the Tigers were all a bit toothless and predictable in attack. The ball may have been in Bath's half a lot more than the tigers half, but I don't think much of it was inside the 22, and Tigers didn't seem to look like scoring long range tries. Until they had 2 extra men that is.

In contrast Bath seemed to be much more effective with ball in hand to me.

I'd say it's more Tigers were lucky to get the LBP. Bath looked better for larger parts of the game despite what stats may suggest.

What's the deal with having Tait on the bench and starting that Aussie? He was terrible, should've had Veianu on the wing and Tait at 15.

First point is true, if Bath finished with 15 players Tigers wouldn't have got the lbp - no question.
Second point - Malouf seemed all at sea and Veianu and Tait would've been the better option.

Even Tait at 13 and manu on the bench would've been better

I don't think the aussie was terrible he is learning still.

Tait problem is he has lost all his gas now.

He gets done by quick backs, alright against a T'eo type back though.

I don't think the aussie was terrible he is learning still.
No excuse at this level, put him in the A side until he learns.
Players shouldn't be learning the basics of their position in one of the biggest games of the season.

Players shouldn't be learning the basics of their position in one of the biggest games of the season.

Don't disagree, although with Thompstone and Brady injured didn't have much to choose from. Holmes was the only other winger.

It was a bit bizarre, even given the injuries, for Leicester to start a player who hadn't played a 15-man game in years.

Not really learning the basics of his position when he was a flanker who's never really played wing before both in 7s and at UQ.

I'm still seething this morning as to how we've managed to chuck 4 points away.

Bigger performance needed from the pack next week. Neither us or saints can afford to lose really. Hoping Genge puts Brookes and Hills heads up their ar*es again.

Latest posts