• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 Round 18

"We're hearing Saints are preparing to bring on Harry Mallinder."

And Newcastle fans breathe a sigh of relief.

As a Newcastle fan this is good to see. A team in black and white winning at St James's

I know. I'm just surprised and dismayed that they've gone for such a shallow and cheap form of ass-kissing.

How is that's a shallow and cheap form of ass-kissing?

It's a big game for them and all proceeds from the shirt sales go to the doodie weir foundation.

I have no issue with the Doddie Weir link. My issue is them wearing a shirt that mimics the town's football club for the one and only time.

Are they going to wear it again this season? Will they use it as a changed kit?

I suspect the answer to both in on the negative.

I get it. For the past couple of years Glaws have released a poppy-inspired shirt for Remembrance Sunday.

Perhaps I'm just rejecting growing cost of kit to the 'average fan'.

Perhaps I'm just rejecting growing cost of kit to the 'average fan'.

Literally the only reason they sell shirts is to make money.

You don't need to buy them.

People say that's a trite argument, but it really is as simple as that.

My heart was in my mouth after the start we made at Sale & the news that London Irish were 17-0 up v Glaws, but can breathe a little easier now. Looking at the Irish fixtures they really needed to win yesterday - can't see them getting much from Quins, Exeter, Saracens or Bath.

Would like to see us take it out their hands though, Newcastle at Sixways next is a very winnable game if we turn up right. Lets stay up by winning, not just waiting for LI to lose.

Really think someone should be going after Arno Botha... his stats for LI are outstanding.

Quins could do worse...

Latest posts