• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 Semi-Finals

After today I can't see Chiefs beating Sarries. Chiefs attack never really looked particularly threatening and when we had to defend we were actually pretty poor. We just had all of the possession. We won't be able to dominate possession like that versus Saracens, who's intensity in every aspect of the game was simply incredible.

Agreed. Saracens are favourites for me. They seem to be peaking at exactly the right time after a fairly indifferent season by their standards and are back to their irritatingly unstoppable best.

Being at the Sarries vs Wasps game today, I just couldn't get over the dominance of Sarries forwards, Koch and Mako are completely dominant and play as much as crucial role as Billy in carrying. We weren't anywhere good enough in defence but at least we put on a show. Why we are letting Cips and Thompson go I will never know...

Also for a cheeky bit of rugby naughtiness .. watch Young's try.. that move is unbelievable and straight off the training ground, made by Willie and Cips vision and teams being terrified of Wade on the loop :eek:
But to be honest I can't see anyone but Sarries winning if they play like that again.. it was astonishing.

I don't think Wasps were bad at all Saracens were just sensational and playing at home, think Di summed it up perfectly Wasps simply couldn't cope with their physicality but fair play they certainly didn't stop fighting back and to be fair that was a try from Daly all day long, wouldn't have effected the outcome but would have lessened the score line tint some what.

If Sarries play like that I can't see Exeter winning, I can't see Exeter cutting Them open like Wasps did they simply don't have that style of rugby in their locker not that many do to be fair, Exeter certainly won't get beaten upfront like Wasps though, be interesting to see what sort of a dynamic Shields brings to Wasps next season.

I don't think Wasps were bad at all Saracens were just sensational and playing at home, think Di summed it up perfectly Wasps simply couldn't cope with their physicality but fair play they certainly didn't stop fighting back and to be fair that was a try from Daly all day long, wouldn't have effected the outcome but would have lessened the score line tint some what.

If Sarries play like that I can't see Exeter winning, I can't see Exeter cutting Them open like Wasps did they simply don't have that style of rugby in their locker not that many do to be fair, Exeter certainly won't get beaten upfront like Wasps though, be interesting to see what sort of a dynamic Shields brings to Wasps next season.

I don't think we were awful, just missed to many first time tackles... the tackling on Itoje's try for example was pretty pitiful. It's good we have Shields in as without Willis for a while so now despite his injury a backrow of Shields, Youngs, Hughes looks pretty potent.

I don't think we were awful, just missed to many first time tackles... the tackling on Itoje's try for example was pretty pitiful. It's good we have Shields in as without Willis for a while so now despite his injury a backrow of Shields, Youngs, Hughes looks pretty potent.
Is Youngs not off to Leicester? Or am I thinking of someone else...

Finally got round to watching the games. Sarries really got the rub of the green in their game but I can't see chiefs beating them. Sarries can just up the tempo and play without stopping whilst chiefs play much more stop-start recycling based rugby.

Latest posts