• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 2017/18 Semi-Finals

Gary Graham packs some serious power, sending Hepburn backwards at full tilt and taking around 3 players to move him off the ruck

I don't really have a major problem with them being a penalty, but cards are for cynical or dangerous play, and they're neither

Surely that goes for penalties too?

Exe have made 9 tackles this half according to the stats.

Surely that goes for penalties too?

Exe have made 9 tackles this half according to the stats.

Repeatedly slowing the ball down is cynical, repeated seatbelt tackles aren't IMO - they don't even slow down the carrier's momentum any more than a legal tackle.

That was such a nice long pass from Simmonds. Gorgeous it was

That line and offload from Big Dave!

tenor.gif

Repeatedly slowing the ball down is cynical, repeated seatbelt tackles aren't IMO - they don't even slow down the carrier's momentum any more than a legal tackle.

Well, exactly, as you say... they aren't cynical or dangerous... so why even a penalty?

Pretty comprehensive.

Dave Ewers the most impressive back rower on the field IMO.

Feel a bit miffed at the two away sides tbh. Both games were one-sided. Exeter and Sarries several classes above Wasps and Falcons today.

Time for Chiefs to step up in Europe next year.

Sarries and chiefs never really looked like losing and deserving finalists. If we switched the losing teams i think the final line up would have been the same deserving top 2 teams. Come final im not sure who will win but think sarries are the favorites as im sure most will agree.

After today I can't see Chiefs beating Sarries. Chiefs attack never really looked particularly threatening and when we had to defend we were actually pretty poor. We just had all of the possession. We won't be able to dominate possession like that versus Saracens, who's intensity in every aspect of the game was simply incredible.

Latest posts