Harry Ellis
Jordan Crane,
Harry Ellis,
Lewis Moody,
Harry Ellis,
Dan Hipkiss,
Harry Ellis
and Harry Ellis.

Crane isn't lion, I don't know how he got caps for England but lucky he came through the Leeds academy not ours. Can't wait for someone to replace "two step than down crane"

Don't mock Marky Mark...

At least neither club was responsible for Henry Paul.

Crane isn't lion, I don't know how he got caps for England but lucky he came through the Leeds academy not ours. Can't wait for someone to replace "two step than down crane"

I missed Crane on that list but yeah, Leeds lad.

Andy Powell played for Leicester too.

Sale Sharks has brought us
Hanley
cueto
?

A winger who retired (at only 29) at the top of the premiership tryscorer list, a record that stood for, what, 5 years after retiring? and then a winger who will probably retire at top of the premiership tryscoring list.

?

Well Leicester have the Highest scoring forward with 59 tries to his name and managed to score more tries in a season than either of the 2 wingers you mentioned.

FYI it wasn't a insult just pointing else who else has Sale brought to rugby that has done better than any of those names you mentioned as a player. (I had forgotten Foden).

FYI it wasn't a insult just pointing else who else has Sale brought to rugby that has done better than any of those names you mentioned as a player. (I had forgotten Foden).
Depends how far back you're willing to look, we've produced some fantastic players, and coaches, over the years.
Charlie Hodgson is one of the best 10s to have ever played in the premiership, for example, and Jim Mallinder is doing a stellar job at Saints and will be one of the names in the hat when Lancaster gets the boot (which he'll receive from Fran Cotton - another Sale man :p).
We were also the club that spotted Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe and brought him across to England, to his first pro contract.

We may not have produced as many big big stars as the likes of Tigers, but we do alright for them oop north, and most clubs have a smattering of players that have come through our system and then moved on to a more 'fashionable' club.

Last edited:
in all fairness Sale are one of the most important clubs in English rugby - purely because they are the only elite level club in a huge region of untapped resources.

Latest posts