• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 13

It's on shedweb.

The next few days are going to be very interesting because it's a very dangerous accusation.

If substantiated I'd like to know who did it.

It isn't Farrell, he wasn't there because he had an injury so that can take the hate out of the issue for some dubious characters. God knows in that side who'd do it.
Yup.

A regular on Shedweb noticed that a security guard got an urgent call to go downstairs. When he came back, the Shedweb regular asked the guard and the guard told him what had happened.

What I don't understand is how they have any right to be annoyed. Doyle kept them in the match when he gave Kruis a yellow rather than red.

Doyle's been asked to deny on twitter and hasn't.

Hope it isn't true. If so.... Is this a common occurance out of query? Does it even get reported to the public in general?

Nope. The evidence is purely anecdotal at the minute.

Silence will fuel the rumours, so I'm pretty sure it will have to be addressed sometime soon.

I didn't see any major problems with the refereeing of the Sarris-Glos game. I do hope he clarifies if there is any truth to it or not because you can't have a rumour like that simply floating around, it's too serious to leave unresolved.

I feel sorry for the poster because he might feel he's telling the truth. It isn't something you just come out with.

Now suspected to be confirmed as incorrect.

I would have emailed the club personally, not through a forum. It's dodgy and can lead to things like this.

Saracens should forfeit their next European game to whoever with a as a 5pointer loss.

But hope it's not true and if it is I hope there's long bans

I see Burgess got MotM . That kinda proves how well he played . Very impressed with the stats rats put up aswell !

I see Burgess got MotM . That kinda proves how well he played . Very impressed with the stats rats put up aswell !

man of the match is a bit of a call, but he was very good, he's deffo starting to get the game. His work rate is very good, and he doesn't just do his job he's always looking for work - sometimes to his own detriment, but it's very promising.

What's the bets he trains with England during the 6Nations?

Media reckon he's already pencilled in to start for the Saxons vs the Wolfhounds, so seems that way.

Would be a bit of a kick in the ***s to players like Sam Hill, who have put in more, and better, performances, but oh well.

All a bit obscene. Forgetting for a moment the fact that it was Sam Burgess, was his performance one we would have been talking about if it werent for the name?
No. He was very very good, but it would take a lot longer with sustained good form for us to really take notice.

Devoto has d splayed similar levels of skill this year in different ways yet he'll be made to work hard for any sort of career development.

Oh well, inevitable really.

Media reckon he's already pencilled in to start for the Saxons vs the Wolfhounds, so seems that way.

Would be a bit of a kick in the ***s to players like Sam Hill, who have put in more, and better, performances, but oh well.

Indeed.

If Sam keeps his current trajectory up, there is going to be a bit of a dilemma. If he's consistently playing well at 12, will Bath want to move him to 6 and, to a certain extent, put him back to square one? Or will they decide to can the idea of him being a back row in order to be able to use him more affectively, albeit in the shot term. Equally, what will England do?

I worry that he'll be kept at 12 too long, to the detriment of Eastmond specifically but also other such as Hill, and that he also won't have enough time to transition to the pack for there to be a serious chance of a cap any time soon.

man of the match is a bit of a call, but he was very good, he's deffo starting to get the game. His work rate is very good, and he doesn't just do his job he's always looking for work - sometimes to his own detriment, but it's very promising.

Who's man of the match named by? If it was a live game on BT I'd take it with a pinch of salt as the BT guys are obsessed to the point of homoeroticism with him ...

FWIW My sister was at the game and was impressed by him, said she wouldn't have given him MOTM though. He made a couple of poor passing decisions later on apparently. I'm just about to watch the game on the premier rugby website, sounds like a good game

- - - Updated - - -

Devoto has d splayed similar levels of skill this year in different ways yet he'll be made to work hard for any sort of career development.

I agree with your general point that the hype continues to be over the top and right now he is no more than an adequate club player. In terms of potential though, if you're Lancaster you're a lot more interested in a player who's showing that level of performance after six games than one showing the same level after a lifetime in the sport.

All a bit obscene. Forgetting for a moment the fact that it was Sam Burgess, was his performance one we would have been talking about if it werent for the name?
No. He was very very good, but it would take a lot longer with sustained good form for us to really take notice.

Oh well, inevitable really.

I do feel sorry for Devoto, but the thing we have to remember is that Burgess does come from a background with a very specific set of transferrable skills - we all know what he can do we just are waiting for him to click in Union - and Devoto doesn't seem to know what position he wants to be - 10, 12, 13, 15?

Additionally they have in theory got 10 years with the lad to develop him and find his natural balance, he's 21, whereas with Burgess they have a lot less time with the player.

I can see Devoto doing a 36, leaving to go somewhere else and then tearing it up (and hopefully not capitulating).

Devoto has been involved in every single first team 23 this year - his first year as a senior player.

He's very good, but he's not currently so good that he demands to start.

Nope, but from Devoto's perspective - the sooner Burgess gets comfortable with the game, the sooner Ford plays him in the back-row.

Either Bath think Burgess is a shooting star in the making and back him to the hilt, which includes promoting him quicker and faster than his ability level actually deserves, or they don't and their investment in him is one of the biggest White Elephants of modern rugby.

Really, the only thing to be annoyed about is a) Massive press overhype b) The presence of Devoto, who's a possible shooting star himself.

It'll all correct itself soon enough with Burgess either going into the back row or Devoto leaving Bath. Or both.

Devoto has been involved in every single first team 23 this year - his first year as a senior player.

He's very good, but he's not currently so good that he demands to start.

His first year as a senior player?

Or first in the senior squad? He's got 50+ appearances no? Hardly a break through season for him.

Latest posts