Live on BT Sport
Newcastle.png
Versus%20Prem.png
London%20Welsh.png

Live on BT Sport

London%20Irish.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Exeter.png

Question for bath fans do you think we will see Burgess in the back row anytime soon ? I'd rather him learn that position . He's done ok in the centre and not done much wrong but it just doesn't seem to suit him

Harlequins team
15. Mike Brown
14. Marland Yarde
13. Matt Hopper
12. George Lowe
11. Ugo Monye
10. Ben Botica
9. Danny Care

1. Joe Marler©
2. Joe Gray
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. Charlie Matthews
5. George Robson
6. Jack Clifford
7. Chris Robshaw
8. Nick Easter

16. Rob Buchanan
17. Darryl Marfo
18. Will Collier
19. Sam Twomey
20. Joe Trayfoot
21. Karl Dickson
22. Tim Swiel
23. Tom Williams

Wasps Team to play Bath Rugby

15. Rob Miller
14. Christian Wade
13. Alapati Leiua
12. Ben Jacobs
11. Sailosi Tagicakibau
10. Andy Goode
9. Joe Simpson

1. Matt Mullan
2. Carlo Festuccia
3. Lorenzo Cittadini
4. Bradley Davies
5. Kearnan Myall
6. Sam Jones
7. James Haskell (C)
8. Nathan Hughes

Replacements

16. Edd Shervington
17. Simon McIntyre
18. Phil Swainston
19. James Gaskell
20. Ashley Johnson
21. Charlie Davies
22. Alex Lozowski
23. Elliot Daly

Ben Jacobs, having been poor for ages, has been absolutely scintillating in the last few months - really on top form and making a difference to our back play with his running lines. I really hope he can connect well with Leiua as that could be something special.

Croft starting Leicester Tigers (v Harlequins, The Twickenham Stoop, Saturday 3.15pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Vereniki Goneva
12 Anthony Allen
11 Miles Benjamin
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs (c)
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs
3 Fraser Balmain
4 Graham Kitchener
5 Geoff Parling
6 Tom Croft
7 Julian Salvi
8 Jordan Crane

Replacements
16 Leonardo Ghiraldini
17 Michele Rizzo
18 Logovi'i Mulipola
19 Sebastian De Chaves
20 Jamie Gibson
21 Sam Harrison
22 Freddie Burns
23 Seremaia Bai

Bath Rugby team to face Wasps

15 Anthony Watson
14 Semesa Rokoduguni
13 Jonathan Joseph
12 Sam Burgess
11 Matt Banahan
10 George Ford
9 Chris Cook
1 Nick Auterac
2 Ross Batty
3 Henry Thomas
4 Stuart Hooper (c)
5 Dave Attwood
6 Matt Garvey
7 Francois Louw
8 Leroy Houston

Replacements

16 Rob Webber
17 Paul James
18 Dave Wilson
19 Dom Day
20 Carl Fearns
21 Peter Stringer
22 Ollie Devoto
23 Olly Woodburn

Question for Bath fans: Why choose a club captain who should struggle to get into his teams 15 on individual merit?

Gloucester vs Saracens Squads

Gloucester: Sharples; Halaifonua, Atkinson, Twelvetrees (capt), May; Hook, Laidlaw; Wood, Dawidiuk, Afoa; Savage, Palmer; Kalamafoni, Kvesic, Morgan.
Replacements: Hibbard, Thomas, Knight, Stooke, Evans, Robson, Burns, Meakes.

Saracens: Goode; Ashton, Bosch, Taylor, Strettle; Farrell, Wigglesworth; M. Vunipola, George, Du Plessis; Kruis, Hamilton; Brown (capt), Burger, B. Vunipola.
Replacements: Sharman, Gill, Johnston, Itoje, Joubert, De Kock, Tompkins, Ransom.

Its good to see Kelly captain again :D

Saints are going for the brave strategy of not playing a lock... :huh:

Foden; Elliott, G Pisi, Burrell, North; Myler, Dickson; Corbisiero, Haywood, Ma'afu; Dickinson, Clark; Wood (capt), Nutley, Dowson.
Bench:
Williams, A Waller, Denman, Onojaife, Harrion, Hodgson, Wilson, K Pisi.

Bath Rugby team to face Wasps

15 Anthony Watson
14 Semesa Rokoduguni
13 Jonathan Joseph
12 Sam Burgess
11 Matt Banahan
10 George Ford
9 Chris Cook
1 Nick Auterac
2 Ross Batty
3 Henry Thomas
4 Stuart Hooper (c)
5 Dave Attwood
6 Matt Garvey
7 Francois Louw
8 Leroy Houston

Replacements

16 Rob Webber
17 Paul James
18 Dave Wilson
19 Dom Day
20 Carl Fearns
21 Peter Stringer
22 Ollie Devoto
23 Olly Woodburn

Question for Bath fans: Why choose a club captain who should struggle to get into his teams 15 on individual merit?

Our "second choice" front row - need to do a hell of a lot better than the "first choice" did at Adams Park. At least one, possibly two, of that "second choice" front row are our best players in their position at the moment though.

To answer your question, I don't really know. The obvious answer is leadership, but I didn't see a lot of that last week when we really needed it, ditto against you guys last time. Maybe there's just no other candidate for captain? I do think the squad lacks leaders a little.

Question for bath fans do you think we will see Burgess in the back row anytime soon ? I'd rather him learn that position . He's done ok in the centre and not done much wrong but it just doesn't seem to suit him

I reckon sooner rather than later, Ford's always said he sees him as a back row, he's played one A league game there (and apparently did alright) plus I think he was expected to have a run out off the bench against Exeter, only Joseph's injury meant he had to cover centre. Possibly even tomorrow, if (big if) we're comfortably ahead at abotu 60 minutes maybe Devoto will come on at 12 and Burgess will move to back row; if he can get a few minutes in the next couple of weeks, Ford must be strongly considering starting him there in the LV Cup game against Quins on the 31st.

Saints are going for the brave strategy of not playing a lock... :huh:

Foden; Elliott, G Pisi, Burrell, North; Myler, Dickson; Corbisiero, Haywood, Ma'afu; Dickinson, Clark; Wood (capt), Nutley, Dowson.
Bench:
Williams, A Waller, Denman, Onojaife, Harrion, Hodgson, Wilson, K Pisi.

We don't have any locks. Courtney's still nursing something, Day got injured last week, Manoa's in the US due to the death of his brother, Craig has been injured for the last 6 weeks. Onojaife is a 19-year old academy boy, so can't really start him.

EDIT: besides, we'll need all the back-rowers we can muster to counter the threat of The Dread Pirate SEYMOUR.

Do offsides not count if it's a charge down ? As Kvesic is infront of May on the charge down there.

One good defensive read followed by a great kick I thought things might be looking up for him, since then he's been in the middle of everything crap

Please tell me im not the only who sees Twelevetrees is as crap as he is? Awful player who shouldn't be playing for Gloucester never mind England.
Never makes a break rarely creates tries and has no pace. Every game he gives the opposition points a pass last week leading to an Exteter try and gave a stupid penalty away leading to a Saracens try tonight.
Hook isn't the problem its that clown Twelevetrees

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and were letting one of the best young English talents in English rugby leave Waps have got a quality player.

Gloucs looking good, letting themselves down with a couple of dumb penalties early and Hook's kicking. Plus Twelvetrees of course, for God's sake get rid of him, he's been appalling, and it isn't even noticeable - that's just how he plays. After a poor start at the breakdown they've started getting the players there and winning there own ball, and Robson's looking sharp ... that's a real gain for Wasps, and a real loss for Gloucs. Second half should be interesting, hope Gloucs can make something of the man advantage (and Hook can find his kicking boots), Sarries' defence looking a bit sluggish even with 15.

Twelvetrees is a frustration. He does a have a great array of skills...his problem is decision making and application of his skills at key times. And those are skills you cant teach,.

In my opinion he should not be in the England squad at all.

I would have Barritt ahead of him any day of the week.

- - - Updated - - -

I just love to see great mauls performed properly....great try

Looks like Morgan won't be around for the 6 nations, maybe all season.

A its sad to see any player injured.

But as an England fan its disappointing as he was impressive in the AI's.

But in Billy V we have a quality 8.

Lets hope Ben is not too injured and gets better soon.

I was out the room, what happened to Morgan?

- - - Updated - - -

Another Twelvetrees special there ....

Latest posts