• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 5

Falcons beat Exeter today, so that all but seals Welsh's fate.

Welsh need to win next weekend, at the Kassam vs Falcons, if they want even the slimmest hope of staying up.

Fingers crossed Falcons put them to the sword... they've been an embarrassment and a perfect example of why the play offs don't work..

God Bless ITV4 for their Sunday highlight programme........really like old Flatman.........just shame nearly 20% of the programme allotted time is taken up with adverts!!!

Can't wait- watching it on catchup at 9 to coincide with the Wife watching Downton #tacticalviewing ;)

Another mental yellow card involved "taking a player out in the air".
No way that Helu saw Brady/could've done anything at all to avoid that.

Truly pathetic from a good (usually) ref!!

Can't wait- watching it on catchup at 9 to coincide with the Wife watching Downton #tacticalviewing ;)

With a brain for tactics like that you'd probably do a better job managing Welsh than the mugs in charge at the moment!

I am really enjoying this season so far and it is wide open. At the moment you would say Northampton and Saracens are nailed on for the top 4 and Bath look like they will also finish there so that final spot really is anyones. On Saturday in the first half we looked like the a top 4 side we played at pace and really dominated Leicester. However in the 2nd half we went back to being frustrating and making too many errors. Hopefully we will continue to improve and if we are still in and around the top 6 by December time I see no reason why we couldn't threaten the top 4 come end of the season.

Glad to finally get a win.

Falcon fans have been saying a few players have been taking their spot for granted and needed to put in a massive performance...notably Mr Hogg at 8. Well he performed yesterday....

I would genuinely hope we are good enough to beat Welsh and 2 wins in a row then gives us confidence to maybe give a few other teams a good game and hopefully get a few more wins this season.

Anyone else think Burrell looked really slow in the buildup to his try?

I wish Aviva would release comprehensive stats for the games.
ESPN Scrum is ok, but notoriously sketchy with their numbers, and miss a few I'd be interested in seeing.

Foorrrr example, I'd be interested in seeing how many turnover-penalties a player won. ESPN has both Seymour and Lund on 12/0 for tackles, and then just the one turnover for Lund and none for Seymour, but Seymour got at least 4 turnover penalties in the game, and Lund a few too.

I wish Aviva would release comprehensive stats for the games.
ESPN Scrum is ok, but notoriously sketchy with their numbers, and miss a few I'd be interested in seeing.

Foorrrr example, I'd be interested in seeing how many turnover-penalties a player won. ESPN has both Seymour and Lund on 12/0 for tackles, and then just the one turnover for Lund and none for Seymour, but Seymour got at least 4 turnover penalties in the game, and Lund a few too.

Olyy you noob, everyone knows the ESPN turnover stat is for how many times the player turned over possession to the opposition side, not how many times they effected a turnover.

Also, a quick look says they're getting the stats from the same source.

Olyy you noob, everyone knows the ESPN turnover stat is for how many times the player turned over possession to the opposition side, not how many times they effected a turnover.

What a useless stat - why doesn't it say "TO Conceded" rather than just "Turnovers"?

I hate everything and everyone.

Anyone else think Burrell looked really slow in the buildup to his try?

I think that was more to do with having nothing to gauge his speed against - it also always seems like a big pitch to me - maybe because the stadium is empty?

Latest posts