• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 5

5 games 44 points scored and 249 points conceded. Hopefully for their sake they get to play Tigers soon, an easy 5 points.

5 games 44 points scored and 249 points conceded. Hopefully for their sake they get to play Tigers soon, an easy 5 points.

*applauds*

Caught a bit of the Tigers game and they looked dire and tired and lacking in any passion. Not nice to see.

Is it just me or does the league feel a lot tighter this season? I feel like Wasps and Irish in particular have really lifted their game, Glaws have the potential now, and Leicester and Quins have both fallen away a little. LW obviously are the exception, and I'm probably going to feel rather sad for them, as while I don't want them stinking up the Premiership it's got to be a horrible place to be right now. Newcastle look a bit adrift too and will be very happy that LW have given them a freebie.

Yeah - I think a lot of people predicted it would be too (and not just the usual rote ******** about it getting tougher every year) I don't think anyone expected Tigs to implode quite so badly but apart from that, I'm not all that surprised.

The top 2 in the Championship are arguably better than the bottom 2 in the Premiership, well certainly the bottom one at least.

That NRL final was one the best spectacles I've seen for a long time.

Burgess got injured after 3 seconds with the first tackle with a broken cheekbone and bleeding from the mouth. He's gone on to be nearly man of the match. George has probably taken it.

Rabbitohs 30-6 Bulldogs

Unbelievable match.

Just seen highlights of Quins v Welsh on BT Sport - Welsh might as well have not turned up. Brown and Yarde were just dancing around them for fun.

Just seen highlights of Quins v Welsh on BT Sport - Welsh might as well have not turned up. Brown and Yarde were just dancing around them for fun.

Safe to say might as well relegate them now. Fitness and a lack of backbone are the real problem. Burnell has been found out again as a top division coach, he lacks the knowledge to run a side in the top division of a league. How he can say that things can turn round and be confident of survival is nothing short of a joke.

Another mental yellow card involved "taking a player out in the air".
No way that Helu saw Brady/could've done anything at all to avoid that.

Cipriani not having a good day from the tee today, either, to go with Ford last night.
His defence, however, has been spot on - I mean he's not decking people like Farrell n Wilko, but he's making his hits, and on some big players (Johnson, and a full flight Leiua).

Wade has been really poor in the in-goal area this season - didn't he give up a try a couple of weeks ago not taking the ball in a similar position?
Great work from Cusiter not giving up for that.

Last edited:
Wasps look a different side for the subs.

Cips has done nice things then ended them with poor execution.

Rob Miller's looked good.

Watching Ashley Johnson wench himself free from 3 Sale men to offload is quite incredible.

Our fear of our bench props could cost us as time goes on.
Wasps have brought on their strongest props, we've got two who have been ruined all season.
Ross and Vadim have gotten through a ton of work outside the scrum, too, so will be tiring a lot.

Five Italians on the pitch, think that's more than italy fielded in the 6N :D

I'd just been about to post do you just want the game over Olyy and then that happens :lol:

Cueto and Arscott having a tug of war over Wade, one trying to keep him in pitch to play on, the other trying to drag him out to end the game :lol:

Very happy with the win - lots to work on (lineout, maul defence, scrum - all a mess) but defence was brilliant (bar Wade's try, where his height vs the locks tackling him allowed him to slip out), reminiscent of how it was last season against the likes of Saints and Bath. Best performance of the season so far.
Probably take a bit of a kicking against Saints next week, but oh well! :p

Surprise surprise, Seymour adds another MOTM award to his collection of about 3,000,000

Seymour gets the turnover that basically ends the game for Wasps. Zero shock all round.

Cueto and Arscott having a tug of war over Wade, one trying to keep him in pitch to play on, the other trying to drag him out to end the game :lol:

Very happy with the win - lots to work on (lineout, maul defence, scrum - all a mess) but defence was brilliant (bar Wade's try, where his height vs the locks tackling him allowed him to slip out), reminiscent of how it was last season against the likes of Saints and Bath. Best performance of the season so far.
Probably take a bit of a kicking against Saints next week, but oh well! :p

Surprise surprise, Seymour adds another MOTM award to his collection of about 3,000,000

Back yourself man, that was some impressive defence and razor sharp opportunism to win the game after Wasps turned the screws.

Also, that was the performance you want from a man recently promoted to second choice international loosehead.

Falcons beat Exeter today, so that all but seals Welsh's fate.

Welsh need to win next weekend, at the Kassam vs Falcons, if they want even the slimmest hope of staying up.

Latest posts