• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 9

Hahahaha, Bath what are you doing? Do you not want a try?!

Batty is naff, can't believe he's the best Bath have (behind Webber).

By my understanding, a penalty try is only awarded when you stop what would have likely been a try, by interfering illegally. So unless the scrum is going forward, a penalty try cannot be awarded? So not sure what the commentary team is talking about penalty tries for in that scrum sequence.

Why do we wait until we're three men down to start defending with passion??

Here he comes!!!

By my understanding, a penalty try is only awarded when you stop what would have likely been a try, by interfering illegally. So unless the scrum is going forward, a penalty try cannot be awarded? So not sure what the commentary team is talking about penalty tries for in that scrum sequence.

The scrum would have been moving forward if he had scrummaged legally.

First carry by SB and he takes three men to yank him down.....

Jeeeeeeeeeeze, took long enough to come!

Seems like Devoto to 15 and Eastmond to 10, which makes sense.
Crazy that Bath are only 12 up - Devoto has left a lot of points out there.

I want to see Bath take a quick tap and have Sam running from 10m onto it, like a quick tap in league.

The scrum would have been moving forward if he had scrummaged legally.

First carry by SB and he takes three men to yank him down.....
I don't believe this matters. The scrum wasn't going forward so no penalty try. You can't base the laws on theoretical "what ifs".

Jeeeeeeeeeeze, took long enough to come!

Seems like Devoto to 15 and Eastmond to 10, which makes sense.
Crazy that Bath are only 12 up - Devoto has left a lot of points out there.

I want to see Bath take a quick tap and have Sam running from 10m onto it, like a quick tap in league.

And watch JTH totally crap himself at the prospect of tackling that

I don't believe this matters. The scrum wasn't going forward so no penalty try. You can't base the laws on theoretical "what ifs".

Correct - it's why Bath never got a PT against us last season, in almost identical circumstances as that.

Never seen one premiership team destroy another's scrum like Bath have done here!

That was such a terrible passage of play.
Quins clearly weren't engaging that maul, so just bloody use it. Eventually Stringer grubbers it directly at a Quins player.
Mess.

Nice clear out from Sam

Was ferocious.

Did you see the blind of load? Was just expecting a runner to track him.

Possibly. It was more an observation than a comment on the laws.

Last edited:

Latest posts