• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AWJ-SPOTY ?

FLOBALOB

Bench Player
Country Flag
Antilles
Club or Nation
Cornish Priates
Choked on my cornflakes this morniing when i saw AWJ was among the 6 nominees for Sports personality of the year. Really? The superfawnification of the man has just gone way too far. The poor man must be so embarrased.
I know its not about 'personality', but hes got about as much as a soggy nan bread.

Yeah, I was gonna say:
Sportsman of the year? Questionable, but from a rugby standpoint understandable after captaining a grandslam side.
Personality? Nah.

Stokes will win it though, the others are just there make up numbers.

Anyone playing in that stinker of a semi should be automatically barred. Career achievement type award possibly, but this year, nah.

Stokes was brilliant in the final and would be a total shoe in if we'd won the Ashes. But we didn't, so Headingly, great as it was, counts for little. He will still probably win with a bit to spare though.

Athletes always do well and Dasher's the current golden girl who's been brilliant all year and is active on social media. But with KJT also in contention the athletics vote is likely to be split.

Sterling's had a good year, but I'd have had a good year in that City side. Mixed bag off the field.

Another routine year for Hamilton. F1 bores me rigid but there are a lot of petrol heads around.

Does it matter?

Surely Stokes is going to run away with this? Only thing that could have thrown a spanner in the works is if Wales/England had one the world cup and it featured a performance as ridiculous as his in the final.

They needed to nominate a rugby player in a world cup year, AWJ is probably the most deserving on account of Grand Slams trumping Heineken Cups and runners up medals counting for nothing in this sort of thing. Rory McIlroy had a better year than AWJ and a few others but you need to either be on wheels (and beat one bang average driver im Hamilton's case), a track or have some sentimental value to your year to be noticed for this.

Like the Welsh team in the RWC someone has to finish 4th.....

reality was
BBC "Let's ask a fair and impartial BBC Rugby pundit to help us pick"
"**** all we can find is Eddie Butler oh well Eddie who's your pick"

Latest posts