• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Baabaas squad 26/11/11

Matfield at least beats one Australian in Darren Lockyer for poor final kicks.

LOL, I'm actually surprised they didn't have a proper go at that conversion, it might have staved off the Baa Baas worst ever defeat.

LOL, I'm actually surprised they didn't have a proper go at that conversion, it might have staved off the Baa Baas worst ever defeat.

I think if they had a "proper go" we wouldn't even be considering a worst ever defeat.

I really wantted Matfeild to score a try after that I wanted him to take the conversion, so got part of my wish:D

Kahui should've played the entire match, looked like the only one wanting to do something.

Well thanks for that, Barbarians. I'm glad I woke up early to see you get so profoundly embarrassed.

Matfield taking a conversion kick at the end made it bearable.

Yeah what a waste of time getting up so early.... If they're gonna make these matches mean something. Why not pick top class players from all around??.

Don't get me started with Sam Tomkins!... lol... Mortlock, Fruean, Toeava, Shaw, Guinazu, Marconnet and Bergamasco?? No!.

Toeava, really?

Still, you have a fair point. Despite the Barbarians shirt "supposedly" (I say that a bit more tentatively after today's joke of a match) meaning something, I doubt that if they tried to call up the very best 22 from the pool of players not selected as their opponents that very many of them would accept though.

Toeava, really?

Still, you have a fair point. Despite the Barbarians shirt "supposedly" (I say that a bit more tentatively after today's joke of a match) meaning something, I doubt that if they tried to call up the very best 22 from the pool of players not selected as their opponents that very many of them would accept though.

Well, when talking in terms of best possible, Toeava wouldn't be there. It would've been Dagg. But you have a point, they probably wouldn't accept, or just a pull a Sonny Bill and make out you CAN'T play.

Baa Baa's were rubbish today. I know it's difficult to cobble together a team and expect them to perform, but past baa baa's teams have managed it, so this was very disapointing. Some terrible performances from many players today. Starting up front, the majority of the pack were annonomous, and their tackling was non existent towards the end of the match. Matfield was the only one trying up front, and he had a great final game of rugby, really put his all into it. In the backs, Cipriani started ok, but overall had a poor, poor game with tarrible pass after terrible pass, and that gift of a try for Aus just to finish things off. Mortlock started well, and gave his best. Fruan was terrible aswell, poor decision making and rubbish offloading. Out wide, Tompkins wasn't as bad as Dizzy is making out, but wasn't great. Habanna was hit and miss, he really needs to stop shooting out of the defensive line! Toeava was poor aswell.

Only player to make an impact off the bench was Kahui. The replacement scrum half was probably the worst player of the game though. He didn't look like he attempted to make a tackle, and most of his passes ended on the ground or at the feet of the reciever.

Aus looked good I've gotta admit. However they were allowed almost complete controll of the match with next to no opposition at the ruck, and for the last half hour, very little defence from the baa baas either! I'm a little worried for next week, but our tenacity at the breadown and our defence will be 100 times better than this poor excuse for a bass baas team today.

I thought Sam played well, did everything expected of him. No. 13 for the BarBar's was shocking in my opinion. Could learn alot from League as regards handling skills and basic passing, there was some shocking examples today.

It's hardly an example of the whole game though - I saw on the RLFans Wigan forum that they were slagging off all of Union because of the poor passing shown by Freuan - 1 player doesn't make a whole sport - I've seen a few shocking passes in League as well :p

I saw more skill in the 10mins of Tigers vs Gloucester I caught at half time than I did in the whole of the first half of BaaBaas vs Australia :lol:

There was some awesome handling and offloading shown by the Aussies in the second half though. Backs and forwards were getting involved on many occasions. I know even they were guilty of messing up the final pass on a number of occasions in the first half, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

But it was shocking, be honest:p
Oh definitely, throughout the majority of the first half it was almost as if they were doing it on purpose as it was always the final pass to put the man in for the try, every. single. time.