• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Back against the ropes

N

Nickdnz

http://www.allblacks.com/news/11818/Boks-coach-hits-out

This article made me chuckle a bit, just a few highlights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Answering questions about who was in charge of the Springboks side, himself, his assistant coaches or the senior players, de Villiers replied: "Let me make one thing clear, I am the boss, I am the CEO of South African rugby."[/b]

De Villiers said it had been his technical understanding of scrummaging that had led to his claim the All Blacks were scrummaging illegally in the 2008 Tri Nations. He had repeated the claims this year with the Wallabies.

"I was the only person who saw what they were doing," he said. "I also make technical observations about other areas of the game, like lineouts and attack."[/b]
I find it funny how he says "I was the only one who saw what they were doing". My Grandmother does the same thing, she thinks others are crazy, because she "is the only one who hears the voices" a bit of fulse logic there.

He said he had not been dressed down by the South African Rugby Union at a meeting at the end of the series.

"No, it was just a meeting to discuss the progress of the team. We had a similar meeting at the end of last year," he said.[/b]
After the meeting, the CEO of the South African Rugby Union talked about de Villiers's press statments being an issue and it was discussed in the meeting, so he is lieing there.

"I didn't change. You [the media] changed because we were winning. I will never change. That's why I say 'I am who I am and I don't give a damn'," he said.[/b]
Just a funny line.

"I've had to work 10 times harder than any other white coach to get to where I am today. Why wasn't I ever offered a coaching job at Super Rugby level?" he said.[/b]

When commenting on his being slammed by the transformation committee, de Villiers responded: "What have they done for the good of this country? What contribution have they made?"[/b]

Now I know that it does not need to be pointed out PdV is a fool, but he just keeps the lines coming.

Latest posts