Who will win the World Series

• Boston

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St. Louis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

Canadian_Rugger

well I wa sa little late on this one but its gfame 3 and my redsox are leading 4 - 0 with a 2 to 0 series lead.

I have believed the Red Sox would win every year(offcourse they never do but this year is different)

But I predict the redSox will win the World Series and break the cruse bestowed upon them in 1918
<

yeah, i hope the red sox win. then the curse will finally be gone. wouldnt it be cruel if Boston went 3 - 0 up then lost it like the yankee's did last week.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Why do they call it the world series?[/b]
because basicly the winner of it is the best team/franchise in the world.

looks like the curse is finally gooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrnnneeeeeeeeeee!!
01wrldseries_skirm.jpg

well basically because these are the two best baseball teams in the world at the time.

Why do they call the world rugby league club championship "World" when its really australia and britain

Bloody Cardinals. Well, I'm not the biggest of baseball fans, but I gotta support my home team. Pitiful base running. Am wondering how we mustered 105 wins this season with these recent performances.

Ah well, well done Boston. Much rather have the Sox than the Yankees anytime.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugger@Oct 29 2004, 04:39 AM
well basically because these are the two best baseball teams in the world at the time.

Why do they call the world rugby league club championship "World" when its really australia and britain
I suppose so. Are they just American teams though?

Originally posted by Wally@Oct 27 2004, 08:03 PM
Why do they call it the world series?
Nowadays we understand this World Series as World championship but I think that originally it was because these matchs were organised by a newspaper called World News

its just called that, thats how it goes

baseball is equally gay as cricket if that helps anyone
<

hahaha yeah but american baseball is funny
because they have idiots like albert belle
<
and karim garcia who play the sport

Originally posted by spacemanspiff@Oct 30 2004, 02:47 AM
its just called that, thats how it goes

baseball is equally gay as cricket if that helps anyone
<
Cricket is a much better game than baseball. It's more popular world wide and played in more countries.

Originally posted by Wally@Oct 29 2004, 06:02 PM
played in more countries.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. All of the Carribean area countries add up really quickly.

Anyways, I wasn't especially happy to see a big market team win the World Series, the Red Sox are much better than the Yankees. Actually, anybody would have been better than the Yankees.

Oh ya, DonBilly is right about the origin of the name "World Series"

Originally posted by Wally+Oct 29 2004, 07:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Oct 29 2004, 07:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Oct 29 2004, 04:39 AM

I suppose so. Are they just American teams though? [/b]
Theres some Canadian teams, last time I checked (About 1994) there were 2

Originally posted by Ripper+Oct 29 2004, 09:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Oct 29 2004, 09:02 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Oct 29 2004, 07:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugger
@Oct 29 2004, 04:39 AM

I suppose so. Are they just American teams though?
Theres some Canadian teams, last time I checked (About 1994) there were 2 [/b]
Untill this year, there were two. Starting next year, however, the Montreal Expos will be moved to Washington DC leaving only Toronto Blue Jays in Canada.

Yeah baseball is dead in Montreal and as far as I am concerned pro baseball is having a lot of trouble. The players get paid way to much and small market teams cannot compete. (Alex Rodriguez signed a contract worth 252 million) Like he makes almost as much in a season that tyhe whole toronto blue jays team makes its ridiculous.

Offcourse we are now seeing something good happening in baseball (New teams winning) I was getting sick of seeing the Yankees win every year and they haven't won in 3 years.

Latest posts