• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath eye St Helens star Kyle Eastmond in code switch

Have Bath signed him to play scrum half?

Well if they have I doubt Classens will be to pleased, maybe planning for James' departure but I cannot see Eastmond as a 10, I'd be a better 10 than him.

Bath have mentioned anything on where he is going to play... Just they are excited about him and believe he has the potential to be a great player...

Bath have mentioned anything on where he is going to play... Just they are excited about him and believe he has the potential to be a great player...

It's almost as if they have no idea where he'll play either :lol:

I guess it means they don't need to tie him to a position, it allows him to be molded into a role

from what bbc sport said, he's going to start at wing/ fullback with the aim of playing 10 later on.

And whatever anyone says, this sounds sensible. We all agree that we can't think of a union position for him (indeed that's why I thought he should stay in league), but aged 21 he's certainly young enough to make something out of converting to Union. And fullback I think would be the best slot for now, and like Alex Goode maybe move him in to 10 as he gets older.

* I am aware Alex Goode's transition back to 10 has so far been less than successful.

Stephen Myler did alright moving from playing stand-off in league to Flyhalf (I know Eastmond plays more 7 than 6, but the meaning's still there)

Latest posts