• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BBC 'Biased' Coverage

<div class='quotemain'>
EBC 10 O'Clock news tonight:

"And in the days other game, Jonny Wilkinson became the worlds leading point scorer in Test rugby as England slumped to defeat. This kick from Wilko [play clip of first penalty] was the only real highlight from a dour affair in Edinburgh"

OK, so not only have they said the only highlight was a kick the vast majority of the crowd couldnt care about, but they have also totally failed to mention the word 'Scotland', or even 'scots'. Nice, fair, balanced coverage as per usual then! ;)

Also, havent watched the BBC's coverage yet (but i'll be watching it in full on monday :D) but people ive spoken to have said the comentary was extremley biased towards england - anyone confirm this?
[/b]

Biased towards England?

Yes - in that there was far too much concentration on what England were doing; sadly this is what we must come to expect from Brian Moore. However, whilst he failed to comment on Scotland's tactics and the execution of those ideas, what Moore was saying about England was absolutely scathing and brutally accurate.

So, yes, it was biased towards England but even in his negativity his comments were insightful, informative and at times entertaining.

By contrast, I heard the comments from Ian Robertson on the wireless this morning. His views concentrated more on how well Scotland played both in scoring the points but in making England look so poor and bereft of vision.

I would suggest this isn't because Ian Robertson is a Scot but because he is an intelligent and highly experienced broadcaster and commentator on the game. As ever, those who listen to the wireless are far better served ...
[/b][/quote]

well unfotunately you get Matt Dawson and Gavin Hastings alongside for so that cancels out the benefits, admittedly more balanced though. I'd like to see 2 analysts in the commentary box

The "Six Nations Forum" was fantastic yesterday. They spent 99% of the time talking about how poor the game was between England and Scotland complete with the obligatory half hearted "taking nothing away from Scotland" comment every five minutes. Of course they could only allow a mere one minute to discuss the Ireland v Wales game. BBC? morelike the EBC.

Latest posts