TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_56894891_110478841.jpg

The BBC has agreed a deal to broadcast the Six Nations until 2017.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15860703.stm

Gooooooooooooood
Would be pants if it went to Sky/ESPN as it'd cut the audience right down - also would be a travesty if it went to ITV, but for different reasons :p

Was this contract negotiated before or after the information about the appalling attitude of England's players at the RWC was leaked to the media.

Gooooooooooooood
Would be pants if it went to Sky/ESPN as it'd cut the audience right down - also would be a travesty if it went to ITV, but for different reasons :p

Makes no odds at all. For every Phil Vickery there's an Eddie Butler.

Good stuff. Always nice to watch some 6 N at home when i'm too lazy to head to the pub :)

So this means there will be no changes to the composition of the tournament as well, no?

Sky is the best station for rugby though. Greenwood, Wallace and Evans are all decent. Their only MAJOR hiccup is Morris. BBC have Guscott, Moore AND Davies

true, each station has a dreadful commentator, ITV has Vickery, BBC has Butler and Sky has Dewi Morris
I think Eddie Butler's an excellent commentator. I really don't know why you'd think otherwise. A great turn of phrase, largely unbias and knows his stuff on the whole. And I can put up with Dewi Morris.

Just import Hugh Bladen! If all else, I'm sure Wheezy Brosnihan would sign on. (God no, please)

I like Eddie, mostly for his epic, booming voice. Makes even dire games seem somewhat interesting.

Sky is the best station for rugby though.

I beg to differ. There is a long list of sports that have been totally trashed by taking Murdochs silver shilling and moving away from free to air.

The BBC commentary isn't that bad. All they need to maintain is a short leash on Brian Moore when he tries to cover Dublins planning laws etc. I like the Welsh commentary team. We could probably do without Guscott and could prbably do with a couple more frogs that you can understand.

I beg to differ. There is a long list of sports that have been totally trashed by taking Murdochs silver shilling and moving away from free to air.

The BBC commentary isn't that bad. All they need to maintain is a short leash on Brian Moore when he tries to cover Dublins planning laws etc. I like the Welsh commentary team. We could probably do without Guscott and could prbably do with a couple more frogs that you can understand.

Haha S.Betsen, could not understand a word that guy was saying :p.

I'm oke with E.Butler and Moore I like because he is fair on everyone.

I love Hugh Bladen but stay where you are Hugh I often get the South African feed for Tri Nations and Super Rugby games.

On the League side of things Ray Warren was a big part of why I started watching NRL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Eddie Butler's an excellent commentator.

I haven't heard him commentate (that I know of) but I have seen him as a pundit

Eddie Butler is to Television what Stephen Jones is to Newspaper.

I haven't heard him commentate (that I know of) but I have seen him as a pundit

Eddie Butler is to Television what Stephen Jones is to Newspaper.

Some commentators would have Bill McLaren turning in his grave, that's all I have to say :(

I agree. I like the BBC commentary team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of commentators, I love the guy that does the Sevens circuit.

He actually goes and does his own research into every player in the tournament and is able to either read or remember stuff about a player off hand without delay. He truely knows his stuff, and shows a great passion for every team.

I want commentators to commentate not have a conversation about rugby when the game is on, no stupid close ups and no daft blond pitchside reporters who know nothing about rugby. But as the bbc have got the 6N for a another 6 years I am not going to get what I want for a while yet!

Tallshort, the simple question is... would you be prepared to in trade off have Stuart Barnes & co on your TV throughout the 6 Nations?!

Dont know about BBC commentary (its probably better than RTE anyway) but i hate skys coverage. There massive rants using big touch screens dont really impress me and somebody should really teach them how to pronounce the name Tomas O'Leary

Latest posts