• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Be A Pro

Front Row- You could just trudge around being a big muscly guy laying out runners and carrying the ball up trying to bunt players off. It would be fun to charge into rucks and try and cripple the opposition scavengers. Maybe to make this position a little bit more interesting you could add a ruck button and a cheeky uppercut button. Its true to real life and if i could play as a guy that could roam the field throwing shady punches at the bottom of rucks i bloody well would.

+1 Super Post.

With the front rowers - the juice for this position would be the scrum.
There really is art to a scrum - these days not a lot of people now how the scrum works - the referees don't even know.

Getting the right hit, when to 'lose' your footing - basically putting off the other front row.

Could be heaps of fun if it was done right with enough different options.

A Be A Pro mode would be awesome! not sure whether it is going to be included though. Playing scrum half could be a laugh with a combination of buttons for mouthing off to the ref or stamping

we dont need be a pro
we need a good game of rugby first and foremost
and online

we dont need be a pro
we need a good game of rugby first and foremost
and online

No AK, we want a half-assed gameplay that kind of sucks because HB were spending 60% of their development time on the first ever next-gen, that's the FIRST EVER next-gen game, working on extraneous features like Be A Pro and doing that half-assed too.

These guys have finite resources, so no matter how good they are at design and programming, they'll never do a top-notch job of the game if they spend all their time on something like this, sevens, close-ups of bone-snapping injuries, Superstar mode, editable kits and faces, 30 man simultaneous online play and a million other dreamland features currently being asked for.

Still that's what we want, because then we can all complain about how crap the game is afterwards. :) I guess that's post millenium people for you though.

No AK, we want a half-assed gameplay that kind of sucks because HB were spending 60% of their development time on the first ever next-gen, that's the FIRST EVER next-gen game, working on extraneous features like Be A Pro and doing that half-assed too.

These guys have finite resources, so no matter how good they are at design and programming, they'll never do a top-notch job of the game if they spend all their time on something like this, sevens, close-ups of bone-snapping injuries, Superstar mode, editable kits and faces, 30 man simultaneous online play and a million other dreamland features currently being asked for.

Still that's what we want, because then we can all complain about how crap the game is afterwards. :) I guess that's post millenium people for you though.

You forgot that they would do this after they pay for every single license of every team in the world, and i mean EVERY TEAM!

You forgot that they would do this after they pay for every single license of every team in the world, and i mean EVERY TEAM!

Yeah I forgot about that being asked for too. Also the classic words "is a MUST" seems to appear after anything that gets suggested most of the time. It is funny.

I'm going to open a thread which is locked at some point and add in every serious suggestion about the core of the game only. Most oft-suggested gameplay ideas, online play, edit-ability and the however many licenses they can logically obtain. Kind of condensing all the realistic suggestions from other threads in one spot for HB to peruse.

Yeah I forgot about that being asked for too. Also the classic words "is a MUST" seems to appear after anything that gets suggested most of the time. It is funny.

I'm going to open a thread which is locked at some point and add in every serious suggestion about the core of the game only. Most oft-suggested gameplay ideas, online play, edit-ability and the however many licenses they can logically obtain. Kind of condensing all the realistic suggestions from other threads in one spot for HB to peruse.

Sounds like a good idea. we should have some more polls too i think. gives some pretty clear results and numbers.

I just want to make sure, even though I started this thread, people have read my posts and aren't lumping me in with the more "enthusiastic" posters?

I just want to make sure, even though I started this thread, people have read my posts and aren't lumping me in with the more "enthusiastic" posters?

No. There's nothing wrong with the "Be A Pro" idea, nothing at all. It's just that some are talking as though it should be in this version of Rugby (2012), which logistically would be highly unlikely. If they put it in and the game itself was lacklustre, many a finger would be pointed at "Be A Pro" as being a distracting waste of resources.

The more level-headed guys (like yourself and ranger) seem to be saying that it'd be a workable idea for the future and there's nothing wrong with that.

Theres nothing wrong with people being enthusiastic. As CA has pointed out there is also nothing wrong with you suggesting an idea like this, as many sports games do have it, but some people need to be realistic. There is a line between realistic suggestions and stepping over into just sheer stupidity. Be a pro; probably realistic. For the first rugby ***le on next gen ever; I don't think you could really justify putting in the resources above improving the gameplay.

Some people also are not saying that they wish/want/would like to see but what 'must' be in the game which is borderline rudeness. We shouldn't dictate what has to be in the game as everyone has different views. All we can do is discuss the main issues and come to a collective compromise. HB may then still not use it but its better off that way instead of dictating 50+ frankly silly ideas which may distort their view of what many people actually want in the game.

First you need to attend a professional wrestling school. The WWE does not hold "open auditions". Here is a complete list of the legit wrestling schools:

First you need to attend a professional wrestling school. The WWE does not hold "open auditions". Here is a complete list of the legit wrestling schools:

Be a pro would be awesome. SOme people have said 'what do you do if your a forward, it would be boring'. I reckon it would be great just make tackles and hit ups when you want, get involved in ruckls, if your a winger go roaming for the ball, play the position the way you want.
It would work way better than in madden if your a blocker, or fifa and your a defender, cause then you do just sit around and be boring as crap i reckon.

I think Be a Pro mode would be a good addition, but I agree for the Rugby 2012, it would be really hard to implement it to the point where it would be fun for anyone but the Backs. Adding in Lineout contests and scrums and other intracate in game battles for the tight 5 would take a lot of time and money to implement. I think the best idea would be to include Be A Pro: Sevens. Since typically in Sevens, the players' roles are much more blurred, you could do a reasonably good mode, akin to the NHL Be a Pro mode. If they were already including Sevens, it wouldn't be too hard, they would just have to add player-lock and a couple more camera angles really. Then for the next game, build off of that into a full fledged 15s mode.

i reckon be a pro would be one of the best things to ever happen to rugby gaming. if you've played maddens version of be a pro mode, you will see how great it would. i defiantly realise that maddens version was boring. but i believe that was due to to many stoppages and no real need to be participating in half the plays. rugby on the hand would be great. imagine controlling the 1st five, making the plays putting the kicks through. or being a loose forward and making some hard hitting tackles. i would be a great accomplishment to work you're way up through the super 14/15 and getting the call up to the all blacks and going on tour with them. obviously each position requires different roles so to make sure you're doing you're role the game needs to give you a rating for the match.

To those that say that being a forward or any position other than the inside backs would be boring, I pose the question; Isn't that why I always created a QB in Madden, because it was fun? There was always the opportunity to create all sorts of other positions though and they worked well!

I always enjoyed playing as the fullback or strong safety in madden be a pro. just because they are work horse positions where excellent positioning can change matches. Its like in FIFA I much prefer to be a defender and just defend well, and deliver clean crisp passes for others to score.

i think it could work online would be to hard and the forwards would be abit of a challange but you could have it like fifa 10 and you press a button to tell the computer wen to pass and you get points on if its a good time to recive the ball or not etc (in be a pro) also then you could make bumy runs etc and it would be grate to have it in 1st person view (from the eyes of the player your playing with like on fifa), you could have this set up in quich match etc even wourld cups super 14 etc and you could choose between controlling a whole team or pick one player to play with in 1st person view if you get wat i mean?

let me know wat you think

I don't think it would be worth it. It would be pretty boring for anywhere except scrum half/fly half.

I think with a good tournament/player editor and some good competitions there is enough mileage there before you start looking at be a pro and classic matches.

It's a very good idea, just one for a future ***le and not Rugby 2012. Personally, I think Be a Pro would work best with a 7s format to start off with.

Latest posts