• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Boots For a Forward

A

allblacksfreak

Heya mates..
I need help!! What is the best Rugby boots out there for forwards? how much and if you can please post the link/pics... I need a new one coz my Nike doesnt grip very well, its stupid when ur rucking and scrumming then u slipped face down..
appreciate ur help!

M

Mr. Laxative

My boots are nike and I like them, I find that they give suitable grip and scrummaging is good!

E

EVOL

ive wore gilbert mid cut boots with sprig/stud pattern of 6 at the front 2 at the back and reckon theyre allright, great for grip.

the last season i played i wore a pair of lotto boots lo cut with the same sprigs pattern and thoght they were pretty good also

its hard to find a decent pair of size 15s though

A

allblacksfreak

Originally posted by Jacko@May 13 2006, 07:13 PM
My boots are nike and I like them, I find that they give suitable grip and scrummaging is good!
which nike are u talkin about?

M

melon

The best boot nike ever brought out was the NIKE RUGBY XV ZOOM AIR...i have a pair of those and imho they r the best but i have also had a pair of high cut mizunos and mid cut asics which i found were gr8 also i hav had a pair of pumas but meh. For a prop try to go for a mid-high cut boot but its really what ever boot u feel most stable in.

B

BigTen

It depends on what position in the forwards. Props need a very different boot to loosies.

B

Bullitt

Adidas 'flanker's are supposed to be brilliant, similar to the nine-XV's (the backs boot).

B

BigTen

Here is a picture of the 04/05 Adidas Flankers.

They are a good boot if you are playing 4 or higher.

A

allblacksfreak

yeh, i wanna get one of em flankers... but staying here in Dubai makes it harder to get rugby stuff... the only thing is football boots... i can order em from the net, but i got to be certain of what i want.. I need to get new pair of boots by June coz I'm playing internationals then... B)

oh and another thing is... at the moment they want me to play prop :(
but they will replace me in the middle of the game back to my natural position as a flanker... so should i go for an all out prop boots like asic's 10 studs(yes 10!) formation that i think is gonna be a bit heavier... or just for normal 8 studs like the flanker...??

J

JBaldie

ive actually seen quite a lot of lock forwards in the super 14 wearing nike total 90's

P

PeeJay

Has anyone had a look at the Nike Air Legend boots for forwards? I think most of the French national team wear them, notably Betsen and Pelous (IIRC)

E

edinburgh_gunner

Get Canterbury ones that allow you to screw in an extra stud, I wore those for the second half of the season and found them really comfy and had good grip. As a hooker, I use the high cut ones to protect my ankles, but that doesn't really matter. Second and back rows can just have normal boots with longer studs. I had the nike air legends but the ripped mid game, meaning I had to wear silver vapours for much of the game. And Vapours are for fags.

A

allblacksfreak

I've decided to buy the Adidas Flanker II...
Lets see how it plays out when I'm playing those internationals...