• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best of Luck.

AAndre

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Blue Bulls
Amazing amount of Bok fans have bought AB jerseys for the final. (Not for permanent use, more like a one off.) Best wishes to Ritchie and the boys. Take the cup home guys, well collect it there next time! Most South Africans are rooting for you.

Amazing amount of Bok fans have bought AB jerseys for the final. (Not for permanent use, more like a one off.) Best wishes to Ritchie and the boys. Take the cup home guys, well collect it there next time! Most South Africans are rooting for you.

Why do you side with the AB's I'm interested to know, personally and as a neutral I reckon this will be won for Oz by their superior back row, the AB's are reaching pensionable age, so if this is close going into the last 1/4 I would expect Oz to win by 4 to 6 points, maybe even after extra time, I also have a feeling McCaw or one of his back row mates will spend 10 in the bin as they won't be able to cope with Oz at the breakdown.

South Africans don't much like Aussie rugby - they don't consider us a genuine rival or proper "rugby nation" like they do the All Blacks because we've only been competitive for 35 years as opposed to 100 like NZ. Or at least that's how it's been explained to me.

South Africans don't much like Aussie rugby - they don't consider us a genuine rival or proper "rugby nation" like they do the All Blacks because we've only been competitive for 35 years as opposed to 100 like NZ. Or at least that's how it's been explained to me.

Stupid way of looking at it if you ask me, anyway have you heard the comments from Meyer about the bronze final, virtually saying its a waste of time, whist the complete opposite is coming from the Argentina camp. I suggested on the posts re SA V Arg that if they appear not to try tonight they get banned from the next WC as punishment, just as you would in other sports such as horse racing.

I think most of us support the ABs because we're still smarting from that 2011 QF.

I could be wrong of course, I just know if I had to choose I'd support the ABs purely because of "meh". I'd always support the underdog in any other scenario (although it would be hard to support Eng if it's Eng vs ABs)

Before I leave this forum, after the final, I would like to wish good luck to both teams, and all the fans who support them.
I am hoping for a really good game of rugby, I always support the team whose play I enjoy the most.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my posts, especially sanzar, always reasonable and pleasant, pace one or two somewhat misogynistic characters!

Best wishes and enjoy the game, it will be over all too soon!:champion:

Like a "friendly" or an "old crock game", neutrality in rugby is a contradiction in terms. It does not exist. Most South Africans admire the AB's game, guts and pure tenacity. We know, that only when you can beat New Zealand consistently, will you be the best. They set the benchmark. Ritchie McCaw will rather die than go off due to fatigue, on an improvised yellow during a final. My opinion? After the Haka, there will only be 80 minutes. The outcome is inevitable. AB's by 10+. (Shucks, hope I'm right!!!)

Meyer should keep quiet. He is about to join the ranks of the unemployed. Every game for the Boks, is a must-win. Rugby, as our national sport is under severe political and fan pressure. The politicians are more dangerous than the fans. Quota's, court interdicts, lawsuits, threats, development etc. abound. The more the team loses, the more ammo the opposition has. How would you measure "not to try", in order to banish the Boks from the next WC? Horse racing is not a sport.

Like a "friendly" or an "old crock game", neutrality in rugby is a contradiction in terms. It does not exist. Most South Africans admire the AB's game, guts and pure tenacity. We know, that only when you can beat New Zealand consistently, will you be the best. They set the benchmark. Ritchie McCaw will rather die than go off due to fatigue, on an improvised yellow during a final. My opinion? After the Haka, there will only be 80 minutes. The outcome is inevitable. AB's by 10+. (Shucks, hope I'm right!!!)

For a second I thought you were going to say, 'Ritchie McCaw would rather die than go off side.........' :lol:

Ritchie never goes offside! It's the camera angle that distorts his position. Lol.

Thank you and let me say the respect is mutual.

Glad to see someone wishing the ABs some luck, it's not like The Wallabies need anymore luck. They've 'Franced' their way to this final for sure.

Glad to see someone wishing the ABs some luck, it's not like The Wallabies need anymore luck. They've 'Franced' their way to this final for sure.

I think that's a bit harsh . They went through a group that was massively harder than NZs . They played Scotland who imo are better than France and there's nothing between SA and Argentina atm . Aus and NZ have been the best 2 teams in the comp and that's prob the first time the 2 best teams have made the final

Their pool of death was hardly hard. Yes, much harder than NZ's Namibia and Georgia pool though. NZ had to play SA, that alone means their route to the final was harder.

Latest posts