• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best or Worst Rugby Player You Have Met.

josh lewsey - chatted to him for about 8 seconds in a bar, he complained of feeling sick, walked off and started chatting up some chick
jeff wilson - was in wellington, my missus is a pomme and bought me an england shirt, I would never wear it in Australia, so was wearing it in NZ, saw goldie coming out of the hotel we were staying in, tried to say hello, but he kind of looked at me in disgust. I blame the shirt.

By all accounts, this is not uncommon.

I've only ever really met Calum Black and Ian Whitten. Both were perfectly pleasant.

Only met one rugby player - he played for a club team in England (mebbe London Irish), but this was back before I started watching NH matches, so didn't remember the team, or his name. He was nice, though.

Could go on about NHLers and CFLers I know. Little guy, you'll appreciate this: I ran into Kyle Wellwood in Edinburgh. Either that or an exact twin (missing teeth and all) who was walking around Fountainbridge with an Toronto Blue Jays Alex Rios jersey. I asked him he still liked Vancouver and he said no comment.

A looooong time ago when I was a wee lass I was an avid hockey fan, and went out of my way to meet Flyers then-captain, Bobby Clarke. I went to his house and got his autograph (he was very kind). That was pretty ballsy for a very shy 15-year old. I've met other Flyers players from that era (the 70s), such as Bernie Parent, and Bill Barber. But then they started fiddling with the game and I lost interest in hockey, and so didn't keep up the who's who among the players.

das

Years ago when I was about 16 I used to go to the gym in Bridgend Recreation center after work occasionally I'd see players from the Bridgend rugby team in there also.

One afternoon I was on the rowing machine, there are 4 computerised ones in a row, which you can link up and race. Roddy Boobyer, Owain Williams and Stuart Evans took the other 3 machines and asked me to join them in a race. I used to go to the ground to support them and agreed to have a go. Though knowing I was going up against 3 professional players I knew I'd be last. Anyway we started the race as Stuart Evans was still strapping his feet in the we had a good head start on him, when Stuart was finally ready he gave one massive pull on the handle and his ship flew past everyone elses he had so much strength and power. I will point out Stuart Evans was well over 20 stone in those days and went to league quickly after first being capped by Wales. The guys calf muscles were simply massive compared to a normal persons. He finished miles ahead of the rest of us. I did finish third, I think Roddy was last though he seemed more interested in talking about drinking the following weekend. They all came across as really nice friendly guys and it was nice to talk to them.

I did have a look at Stuart Evans stats on the stepping machine after he left it once and on the highest setting going for about 20 minutes he burned something silly like 1000+ calories, I had never seen anything like it.

I've interviewed Ray Gravell and Shane Williams in a professional capacity. Legends of the game. :)

Met Gavin Henson in a nightclub 'before he was famous'. Didn't leave a huge impression.

best one if met has to be bod after a lenister game
i have had a scrum session with carl hayman! was awesome and sean fitzpatrick was at my club dinner this year. safe to say the best iv ver met those three.

worst well the might niall o'connor once did a training session with my old club in hindsight may have set our backs back a few years :p ...

Latest posts