• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best overall player in world rugby at moment

He didn't exactly say Sexton was as good as Carter. He said Sexton may be the best 10 in the World at the moment, and that they were similar players.

Also it's a bit of a stretch saying he has played alongside Carter. For the small margin Carter was fit in 2010 (and Payne was playing) they would have played together in the Crusaders (so for maybe at a guess 6-7 matches).

Yeah, fair enough ... like I say, I don't really care who the best is ... the article claims that he played along side of Carter, not me, I guess people can decide if the duration they were in the playing squad together, and whether Carter was at the peak of his powers then or not.

I guess the head line of the article, and what it actually says to support the head line aren't necessarily in agreement with one another (again), but it does support the "Sexton is the current best 10" camp, none the less, even if it is opinion based (which it has to be, of course)

End of the day after all the conjecture about Sexton, Ireland will get smashed by the All Blacks at the World Cup and the hype will be dead - You want to find out if he is the best player in the world then he should play in the super rugby comp, the standard week in week out separates the pretenders from the contenders. European rugby for all its big spending just does not match up and you just cant judge if a player is of true world class if they are not consistently up against the worlds top 3 nations smashing each other week in week out.

can't argue with players named here, they have all been awesome players...

however this year - Tevita Kuridrani will be the man

hanging my hat on the "at the moment" part here...but...Fekitoa

he's a missile on both offense and defense, its pretty special to see him get the ball in the tackle or even get knocked back in the tackle...shrug it off and then drive on

Whilst everyone else is debating 10...i'd be filling the 13 spot

https://youtu.be/wMcE064fskc

Best Forward - Digby Ioane
Best Back - Digby Ioane

End of the day after all the conjecture about Sexton, Ireland will get smashed by the All Blacks at the World Cup and the hype will be dead - You want to find out if he is the best player in the world then he should play in the super rugby comp, the standard week in week out separates the pretenders from the contenders. European rugby for all its big spending just does not match up and you just cant judge if a player is of true world class if they are not consistently up against the worlds top 3 nations smashing each other week in week out.

c1c4479b8872c6e81f7ce48236ce512321d419c114e5e2d70a4a957a96fb6b25.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Best Forward - Digby Ioane
Best Back - Digby Ioane

^ funny because it's true

What is Diggers up to these days- Reds could really use a player who gives a **** like him.

Its very hard to seperate Julian Savea and Malakai Fekitoa as the 2 most important backline players in World Rugby today. Savea is just a beast and gets his side plowing forward through his kick returns, work rate and just rampant play in general. He just seems to run over the top of every player in his way. Fekitoa is super dynamic, he can literally bust a game wide open and apart from the 1st minute and the last minute. Kirwan has to be seriously screwed in the head to let him go to another province. Within 1 season he was an All Black.

https://youtu.be/6G-4UFmf94A

https://youtu.be/iKyZFw_hcQk

dont know what you're on about...the Fekitoa's have been around Otago since the gold rush! got a place in the Maniatoto although i believe there is a branch of the Family in tuatapere....<_<:p

So Handre Pollard then. I can live wth that.

So Handre Pollard then. I can live wth that.

Pollard is a very very good talent, has a huge future that kid, SA will do well to let him play his hand - could end up being your best ever n10 with his skill set on such a solid frame.

- - - Updated - - -

dont know what you're on about...the Fekitoa's have been around Otago since the gold rush! got a place in the Maniatoto although i believe there is a branch of the Family in tuatapere....<_<:p

haha well I cant see why he would leave the highlanders now, they have been very good to him and he has been very good back, blues are a shambles, stay in the deep south Feki, stay an All Black! - look what happened to Steve Laulatua

Julian Savea is displaying the most dominant winger performances in years, even better than Lomu at times. Not just power, but the speed is there too, and it can be rare to have both.

Julian Savea is displaying the most dominant winger performances in years, even better than Lomu at times. Not just power, but the speed is there too, and it can be rare to have both.

Fully agree. What I think he has over Lomu though that people sometimes miss due to his freak (meant in the good way) physique is that he is actually a quality ball player and makes good rugby decisions. IE he really does seem to have it all.

Yeah I've heard Digby Ioane is the best player in the world from a credible source.

Latest posts