• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best scrum-half of all time?

Yeah, he's adamant that he met Snipes on two separate occasions while hanging around Dai's Llanrumney home (he was 'mates' with Bish's daughter) back around a decade ago.

I really don't know what to make of it as it is just 'such' a strange combination of facets that, how the hell would you even come up with it if it didn't happen?

Last edited:
Of course rugby didn't exist before the modern era, but if if did, Dickie Jeeps from the 50s / 60s would be in the equation of England's greatest.

In a time when they played far fewer tests he racked up 24 caps, including a grand slam and 13 as captain. He was a test Lion before making his England debut and remains the 2nd most capped test Lion with 13, only behind Willie John.

Former RFU president and, like Dawson a Northampton player.

{q/}Yeah, he's adamant that he met Snipes on two separate occasions while hanging around Dai's Llanrumney home (he was 'mates' with Bish's daughter) back around a decade ago.

I really don't know what to make of it as it is just 'such' a strange combination of facets that, how the hell would you even come up with it if it didn't happen?{/q}

I'm a Llanrumney boy too, went to St. Cadocs and St. Illtyds couple of school years after Bish. He was a childhood hero {of kind} for me in both rugby and baseball..
Hard as nails, not too much self-control though. Shame really.

Gareth Edwards, without question. It's pretty stupid to say: "we can't compare eras" then in the same breath claim: "if modern players were magically transported to the past, they'd be unstoppable because athleticism."

It is incredibly hard to compare players from different eras, but all you can do is a like-for-like analogy, which amounts to how much better they were/are than their peers. It's a qualitative judgement, something some people apparently struggle with.

If the rugby ball was a players boot, he would be the GOAT.

If the criteria for being the GOAT was to throw passes that exposed your Fly half to rib breaking tackles he would be the no.1 candidate.

Latest posts