RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/new-world-rugby-chief-out-to-repay-game-20160511

[TEXTAREA]Former England captain Bill Beaumont was on Wednesday elected chairperson of World Rugby, vowing to "repay the game" that made him a star and address concussion concerns.[/TEXTAREA]

[TEXTAREA]"The sport is in excellent health and over the next four years there will be many great opportunities to further develop and grow the game.

"However, we cannot be complacent. Rugby, like all sports, faces challenges and my manifesto outlines the five priorities focused on addressing these.

"These priorities are continuing to protect players, preserving integrity, enhancing global competition, optimising partnerships and empowering and strengthening unions."[/TEXTAREA]

Preserving integrity, protecting players and strengthening Unions... I hope this means that World Rugby will address the "transformation issue" that is currently undermining these 3 priorities of his manifesto.

Empowering and strengthening unions? well this hasn't worked too well for FFR. The real power has shifted to the clubs over here from what I can see.

I don't know about other unions but FFR is the biggest disaster I know of in pro rugby. They're a train wreck. A sinking ship.

If IRB wants to take over and send a delegation, I'm all for it.

Corruption should also be high on IRB's agenda. Plenty of work for them over here...

A new boss who relies on elections is no different to a politician - promise the world and then blame the civil service/burocracy for not being able to achieve it when you leave with your knighthood!!!

He will be swamped by the vested interests and change is unlikely to happen!

Latest posts