• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bioshock

i haven't played a game on my 360 in atleast 3 months now! i sold all my games, my last game being rainbow six vegas. this may be the game that gets me back into it!

i haven't played a game on my 360 in atleast 3 months now! i sold all my games, my last game being rainbow six vegas. this may be the game that gets me back into it! [/b]
I got Rainbow 6. I am really enjoying the single player & it’s a great fun online. From previous Rainbow 6 games, this one is the best. The controls are alot more simplified, which suit the 360 controller perfectly.

This is the game that I want to play the most for 2007, so I was annoyed when the PC demo didn't come out at the same time as the Xbox360 version. Something silly that they are still optimising it or somthing, they game went gold like a month ago. So either they are lying or the PC version will be unplayable until you patch it.

Other than that I'm going to reserve my judgement till I actually play the game. One thing that is worrying me though is that there may not be an abundance of skills/plasmid and therefore gameplay could get a bit stale by the end of the storyline, in that you just use the same combos over and over again to dispatch enemies.

This is the game that I want to play the most for 2007, so I was annoyed when the PC demo didn't come out at the same time as the Xbox360 version. Something silly that they are still optimising it or somthing, they game went gold like a month ago. So either they are lying or the PC version will be unplayable until you patch it.

Other than that I'm going to reserve my judgement till I actually play the game. One thing that is worrying me though is that there may not be an abundance of skills/plasmid and therefore gameplay could get a bit stale by the end of the storyline, in that you just use the same combos over and over again to dispatch enemies. [/b]
Well according to the developers, there are over 70 plasmids & tonics plus weapon customization.

and some good news for those wanting to get it on pc. a demo has been announced to come out tomorrow.

PC DEMO COMING TO YOU ON MONDAY
August 19, 2007

The wait is nearly over. At 7 PM EST the BioShock PC demo will go live for you to enjoy. We will have exclusive pre-loading at Fileplanet. Set your watches for 7 o'clock!

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to download the latest drivers from ATI and Nvidia that will be available Monday for best performance with your video cards.

- Elizabeth

It was at this point that Dan realised he must buy a 360. [/b]
Plus the 360 just had a price drop, plus all new Premium consoles will ship with HDMI port.

I've got the full game now, since Friday. I'm really enjoying the game, in fact can't stop playing it. I have managed to kill 2 Big Daddies which is unbelievably hard. Once you shoot at the big daddy, it charges at you really fast. It's really hard to escape from it. I died numerous times trying to kill the damn thing. One good thing is every time you die, you respawn at a pod thing which restores half of your health & the big daddies health is the same level as when you last fought him. The respawn pod things are located throughout the game, so when you die, you don't have to go that far.

The game has changed slightly since the demo. Objects that are in the demo aren't in the same place, the Incinerate (fire) plasmid isn't at the back of the toilet, you get it later on the game.

Another great feature is that you can easily go back through the levels, so if you didn't have enough health or weapon upgrades to kill the big daddy, you can go back & kill him later on.

The DRM for the PC version of Bioshock (i.e. the fact that you are allowed only five installs, five reinstalls and have to be connected to the net and have the DVD in the drive to play it) has totally put me off.

It really sucks that the spiritual sucessor to System Shock 2 and a game that is only really meant for a PC has to force you to jump through so many loops just to play it on its spiritual home!

Ugh, DRM? I thought we were past this stage these days, I really did...

I thought the general consensus in the industry is that DRM doesnt work insofar as it doesnt stop pirates and it serves to put off legitimate customers?

And whats with only five installs? What happens if you have to reformat your system? Tough luck, buy another copy?

Somebody should threaten to sue Take Two. Worked with Ubisoft.

The DRM for the PC version of Bioshock (i.e. the fact that you are allowed only five installs, five reinstalls and have to be connected to the net and have the DVD in the drive to play it) has totally put me off.

It really sucks that the spiritual sucessor to System Shock 2 and a game that is only really meant for a PC has to force you to jump through so many loops just to play it on its spiritual home! [/b]
That's really bad news. The 360 version is very good, though if you haven't got one, it's a bummer. If anyone has got a choice between the 360 version V PC version, I would go 360 all the way. You would have to have the top of the range PC to run the game at full tilt. The 360 graphics on the game are breath taking, the water effects are superb. Even the tiny detail of the game is polished & there is no frame rates issues at all.

Apparently they were going to implement a system where you could "de-register" your cd key through some system thereby letting you install it again in case of a hard drive crash.

After playing it for a bit I must say that it is an enjoyable game, anyone who likes a good storyline and some classic moments should pick it up.

The game is one of the (if not the) greatest game this year so far, but i think nowadays the games are getting way too demanding in terms of hardware.

I dont know if this game will live up to all the hype. I just hope so because there really is alot of hype about it.

Downloaded and played Bioshock demo and thought it was pretty good, graphics where pretty sweet (the water effects mainly) but gameplay could of been twitched a little...apart from that the biggest disappointment is the lack of multiplayer but oh well....don't think I will be splashing out on this yet.

I've played through quite a bit of it now and I must admit it's a good game. A very good game. A damn fine game. I can certainly see why it's scoring so highly across the board. In all honesty, I can see this being Game of the Year. It isn't as good as System Shock 2, but it's as close as it's going to get in a world now more commonly associated with chav racers and endless sequels.

Latest posts