• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bledisloe Two 2020

Well, what the coaching panel should do is finding the best people for each position rather than finding the best 15 players and trying to shoe them in all over the park.

I know it's only the second game, but Foster's tenure is clearly shaping up to be a rehashed Hansen later era (i.e. post-Lions tour - 2019), which is disappointing and disheartening, really. I genuinely believe that NZRU should have aimed at going forward, not backward in terms of appointing the new head coach.

It's truly a waste of talent to put people out of position just to accommodate everyone on the paddock.

who are all these players out of position? you make it sound like half the team is playing musical chairs lol
It's Jordie barrett and Ardie Savea. That's two players... its really not a big deal, fullback to wing is pretty much the easiest position change there is in rugby. Bickering about it is pointless.
I'm not a big fan of Ardie Savea at 8 but he is one of the hardest working and most dynamic players we have, it may also be in aid of giving Hoskins Sotutu an easier introduction to test rugby via the bench.

Last edited:
All Blacks youngsters (Clarke, Vai and Umaga Jensen) played pretty well and Ardie was on fire.

Quiet game from Mo'unga so far, but hats off to Australia, they just seem to have massively improved under Rennie.

who are all these players out of position? you make it sound like half the team is playing musical chairs lol
It's Jordie barrett and Ardie Savea. That's two players... its really not a big deal, fullback to wing is pretty much the easiest position change there is in rugby. Bickering about it is pointless.
I'm not a big fan of Ardie Savea at 8 but he is one of the hardest working and most dynamic players we have, it may also be in aid of giving Hoskins Sotutu an easier introduction to test rugby via the bench.
I think a lot of people are of the opinion Beauden is out of position playing at 15. Because they think he is better at ten and also they think he is better than Richie at ten. And I think you agree with all that, you just frame it differently. Although I do think there is a difference in that Other people think Beauden wasn't the best fullback we had last year.

Beauden playing very well tonight. Cane and savea playing well, lienert brown an absolute star (as always). Coles bringing some needed mongrel. More than one bad pass by goodhue.

Clarke. Nuff said.

savea to get away from that tackle.

alb to turn koroibete over the line.

cane almost stopped that maul on his own.

Should mention the aussies too. Petaia almost made that try when they had an under lap

Well, clearly the all blacks have better players, and loved how they just played rather than trying too hard to stick to structures. Lucky that we had turnover opportunities though, everyone knows you don't beat the all blacks if they are allowed turnovers or your kicks don't go out and aren't contestable.

Much better effort from the AB's some really good efforts all round the park
Clarke, Cane, Savea & ALB were great, much better work from Richie, Goodhue and pretty much everyone else. I thought Alex Hodgman had a great effort and so did PUJ
TJ made a massive impact, it kinda looked like he took on a role of bench captian and was firing up his men.
Still a lot of room to improve, the key was being better with possession and playing with a lot of intensity. Some interesting kicking tactics trying to use the sun.
Much needed win, i'll have to watch the game again tomorrow and have a closer look.
Great defense again, more so considering that the Aussies Try came from Moody getting KO'd, unlucky there hopefully he will be ok but will definately have some downtime.
Sam Cane with the running game eh? 6 defenders beaten, equal to Beaudy and 2nd only to Clarke. 3rd for running meters...

Last edited:

Latest posts