• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bledisloe Two 2020

Been watching the highlights, were NZ sublime in attack, Australia awful in defence or a bit of both?

Great first half. But the Wallabies gave up the ball several times in the second half, some of which lead to All Blacks scoring.

Last edited:
Just finished watching this game.

Australia were so poor. Credit to the All Blacks, full value for their win, but Australia were a different team to last week. Terrible defense, and some very poor handling, and losing Toomua did not help. All Blacks defense was good.

Reece Hodge needs to start at fullback as Tom Banks is not the answer.

If Australia don't come firing out of the blocks in two Saturdays time, then they won't have a chance for the trophy.

Been watching the highlights, were NZ sublime in attack, Australia awful in defence or a bit of both?
A bit of both. Caleb Clarke made the all blacks because in super rugby Aotearoa he would break tackles like he did against Australia, but he was breaking 5 times as many against Australia.

And when I watched, admittedly only two games And some highlights of, super rugby Australia, the kind of breaks the all blacks were making in this game were abundant in that Australian competition. Leads me to think Australia just don't have the same defensive standards at the moment. Having said that, Beauden Barrett breaks every defence open from broken play, we've seen that in the past. So I think it's a mix.

and watching the game, there were some bad defensive reads from the wallabies, meaning the other defenders had to scramble, and the all blacks were good at taking advantage of that. and there were times when the read wasn't so bad but someone had come out of the line so as soon as an all black did something special to beat that first defender which then put the rest of their Defence in disarray, the all blacks were able to exploit that. So a bit of both.

Just finished watching this game.

Australia were so poor. Credit to the All Blacks, full value for their win, but Australia were a different team to last week. Terrible defense, and some very poor handling, and losing Toomua did not help. All Blacks defense was good.

Reece Hodge needs to start at fullback as Tom Banks is not the answer.

If Australia don't come firing out of the blocks in two Saturdays time, then they won't have a chance for the trophy.
another prime example of how different people can see the same things differently, i thought Banks had been pretty good at 15, solid under the high ball, i think o'conner just needs to drop back to give Banks an attacking option

A lot of people say O'Connor is the reason the Wallabies aren't firing on Facebook. O'Connor is 100% the reason we're playing somewhat more structured. He's staying calm, he has the awareness. He's not as flashy as he was 10 years ago. But he has matured into a player who I think would be unlucky not to captain the Wallabies before he retires.

Clarke is an 80min player, he came off injured. You could see he was getting attention before he was pulled and then limped off the ground.
wasn't injured... he had cramps :p and yes they were cramps he even said so in an interview.
players cover significantly more ground in tests than they do in super rugby. Sure he may be able to do 80min most games for the blues but if hes getting cramps from the 60min mark onwanrds for the AB's he has a bit of work to do before he can reliably do 80+ in a tight test match.

wasn't injured... he had cramps :p and yes they were cramps he even said so in an interview.
players cover significantly more ground in tests than they do in super rugby. Sure he may be able to do 80min most games for the blues but if hes getting cramps from the 60min mark onwanrds for the AB's he has a bit of work to do before he can reliably do 80+ in a tight test match.
Ok, fair enough. I thought he looked injured and didn't see the interview. Then yea, he does need to work on his fitness.

love the indigenous jerseys. just wondering why its taken so long. i thought it wouldve been a no brainer when it first came out but its only been worn 3 times in 3 years.
at the WC it was only worn once against Uruguay. talk about giving it as little exposure as possible.

lame effort RA

love the indigenous jerseys. just wondering why its taken so long. i thought it wouldve been a no brainer when it first came out but its only been worn 3 times in 3 years.
at the WC it was only worn once against Uruguay. talk about giving it as little exposure as possible.

lame effort RA
and how many times has the AB's worn their indigenous jersey ;)

seriously though, ive seen some talk about the gold with green patterns just being the home jersey, that would be sweet

you could get rid of the pattern on the body if you wanted it to be more yellow

5194d496e5f23c6897a1a29ab26f5cc1

Latest posts