• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blue Bulls sign 18-year-old Pollard

I have to admit I'm a tad bitter about the Bulls effectively hoarding the young inside back talent but that is just that; a Stormers fan being a bit bitter about the Bulls having all the young talent with many of them coming from the Cape. But it's a free country and a professional sport and if those youngsters wanted to go there and the Bulls can pay and the other franchizes aren't interested in luring/keeping those players then good luck to them and the Bulls. As for how it effects SA.... well, I think the whole thing could be managed better but I for one would rather have the free market dictate things than have the SARU come anywhere near it!! Hell can you imagine those incompetent bearucrats controlling the placement and development of our young players!! Nah, rather have the Bulls hoard the young'uns and then the ones that don't make it either come back home or go overseas even than SARU getting involved. If anyone's to blame it's the other unions that can't manage to keep these players or lure them and create a more even spread IE be greedy/clever/attractive themsleves in a free market environment.

Last edited:
I have to admit I'm a tad bitter about the Bulls effectively hoarding the young inside back talent but that is just that; a Stormers fan being a bit bitter about the Bulls having all the young talent with many of them coming from the Cape. But it's a free country and a professional sport and if those youngsters wanted to go there and the Bulls can pay and the other franchizes aren't interested in luring/keeping those players then good luck to them and the Bulls. As for how it effects SA.... well, I think the whole thing could be managed better but I for one would rather have the free market dictate things than have the SARU come anywhere near it!! Hell can you imagine those incompetent bearucrats controlling the placement and development of our young players!! Nah, rather have the Bulls hoard the young'uns and then the ones that don't make it either come back home or go overseas even than SARU getting involved. If anyone's to blame it's the other unions that can't manage to keep these players or lure them and create a more even spread IE be greedy/clever/attractive themsleves in a free market environment.

I am not looking at it from a Stormers point point of view or as a disgruntled Cape Tonian. I am looking at it from a South African point of view and the future of these rare gems. 6 of the fighting for two positions anyone can see there is something wrong with that picture unless you still have your provincial shades on.