• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blues vs. Highlanders

Thats it. Im going (*2) to 'Nam (*1)

*1 : by 'Nam, i mean room.
*2: by going, i mean, being inside my room slitting my wrists like the little emo that i am, just so i can FEEL - yeah f*** off you f***ing emo.

I cannot believe that the blues lost to the highlanders. should have smoked them with ease. we could be screwed now as well with mcAlister proabbly out with a broken jaw. if we lose to queensland next week then it could be a very long season for us blues supporters.

now i bet the blues are regreting having let sam tuitupou go...

reason why?...look at that backline..the same old left to right hoping for either howlett or rokocoko to instantly score tries

they need someone midfield that takes the ball up instead off drifting all the time..just like tuitupou did all those years of just hitting up the midfield,drawing in the backs and having room for for ya outsides..

and they kick too much at the wrong times

ryan and donelly owned rawlinson and williams the whole night....it was very hard with the vocal crowd but thats the result you get with all the constant kicking the blues did....they needed ball in hand and more attack around the rucks with ther big looseforwards and front row runners...another thing was the delievary from devine from rucks was very very slow

and lavea....when i see him around...it will be the last time anyone sees him around

midfield should look like this

mccalister
necewa
tipoki

necewa and tipoki are proberly the best tacklers in that backline and necewa needs more ball in hand to be effective as he and tipoki will compliment those outsides

hats off to highlanders...especially lineout where they killed the blues

our forward pack is very good...but dam...our backline is f***ed up

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 18 2006, 12:04 AM
I cannot believe that the blues lost to the highlanders.
mate, you must be suffering from one of my flying kickboxes to the head or something, because last time i checked otago came 2nd in the npc, and southland had a very good year (by their standards) otago isnt nzs worst team. although none of nzs teams are crap (well, apart from my beloved blues that is <_< )

i think the blues are suffering from having too many good players, so they expect to roll over teams, then they make stupid mistakes. i havent seen any of the games, because i work, but looking at the line up - why is lavea playing? why isnt the centers combo tupoki and tuituvake? why isnt ward our full back. necawa is a good player, very good infact. but hes not better than anyone in the backline of tupoki, tuituvaki, rokococo, howlett or ward. he should be on the bench, ready to fill in for any injurys in the back line, and also used as a impact player. he can play effectively anywhere in the back line (10-15) like we saw in the npc final, and with the talent he possesses, coming in 1/2 throught the 2nd half he will have so much energy the opposition wont be keeping up.

How longs McAlister out for? At least we will see Brent Ward now... although if Nucifora doesn't play him and makes Lavea the kicker I'm going to go postal at the ARU building.

Didn't Brent Ward lead all New Zealanders in Try Scoring in 2004? And he has certainly improved since then.

well if his jaw is broken between 4-6weeks for mcAlister.

sambad yes otago did have a good npc but auckland won with ease. they have so much talent as well with harbour also going not too badly in the npc. the highlander are not a bad team but the blues on paper anyway should have beaten them. oh well it was not to be. hopefully things improve next week against the reds who they should defintely beat

i thought nick williams had a better game at no. 8 ....but lost the ball at 2 crucial times when blues were hot on attack inside the highlanders 22...and pretty much summed up their night along with their lineouts.

also nick williams cannot yet play the full 80 of a S14 match...in the 2nd half he just seemed to dissapear...

How the f&*k did that happen?
Bad luck for MaCalister, he's more accident prone than panadol.

Not looking good for the blues... not looking good at all. Still stick to my guns that if you've got star players then;
1. Give them the ball
2. Make space so the can run with the f&*king thing.

Williams is now the property of one James Ryan.

I realy did not think that was going to happen.

flavell better knock some one the f*** out next week...they need to harden up

the only guys thats playing real grunt rugby is kevin mealamu and woodcock...the rest of the forwards should buckle down and follow there leaders path...instead of this wanting to be in the backline all the time...

which cud contribute to the problems in the backfield???...who knows all i know is that there is a lack of creativity,communication and confidence in that backline...and it all starts from when lavea touches the ball

he needs to wake up and take MORE authority over his players...see carlos spencer back in those days...he swore at his own forwards...he teased them into getting him good ball and he directed his fantastic backs all those years....caucau,lomu,gear,howlett,roko,mills,vidiri..all of them were at his disposal coz they trusted him and he directed play with authority

lavea has the skills but doesnt have the mentality or heart of a carlos spencer...we already know luke can control a backline and dominate from his fly half position...but if nucifora picked lavea than lavea needs to sit down and analyse his game and other quality fly halves to see what is missing

and since he wants to play like spencer he shud whip out the 2003 year on dvd and watch his master in full flight

i have no other problem with the team but that number 10

we have an awesome tight 5...and we have awesome backs

and there is a number ten who is the playmaker and he is not linking them right

..we'll see next week what they do...mcalister is out for atleast 3weeks if its a broken jaw

Och.

Haven’t given up hope on them (have given up on some players though... 10 in particular). Predict if they don't get up for the Reds game then the blues supporters are going to have to go south to support a team (like the chiefs, wait no... Canes â€" at least Wellington is still in the north Island)

Reds could be extremely dangerous in tis next game though... warning...

Maybe the Blues should fire the coach and get some more hair cuts…

Latest posts