• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BokMagic`s round 2 rant

B

BokMagic

OK, 2 major rants after watching some of the round 2 action.

Major rant no1- Touch-judges. Did anybody else think that the involvement of a couple of the touch-judges in incidents directly under the referee`s noses was completely uncalled for? I mean, take the Habana incident in the Bulls-Cheetahs game- the referee saw the whole thing clearly enough, he even says to the touch-judge that he saw it all and no penalty should be awarded. Then what does the idiot do? Hmmm, let`s see, it`s his moment in the spotlight, there`s an international audience of millions, so let`s just invent a push that never was in order to get your 15 minutes of fame. There were a few incidents of this sort in the SA legs of round 2- why are these touch-judges so hell-bent of getting their faces on TV?

Major rant no2- Joel Stransky! Look, the guy used to be a pretty decent rugby player- after all, he won us a World Cup with THAT drop-goal- but why oh why is he busy throwing his good name away with his utterly pathetic commentating? I reckon every single person on this forum will be able to do a better job of analysing the play on any given Saturday. He comes across as an utter idiot, and that should not be the legacy that this guy leaves behind.

Major rant no2- Joel Stransky! Look, the guy used to be a pretty decent rugby player- after all, he won us a World Cup with THAT drop-goal- but why oh why is he busy throwing his good name away with his utterly pathetic commentating? I reckon every single person on this forum will be able to do a better job of analysing the play on any given Saturday. He comes across as an utter idiot, and that should not be the legacy that this guy leaves behind.
[/b]

If I could have my wish, I would have Hugh bladen comment every Rugby match ever.

I would like to ask some people who were at the game if they saw habana push whoever it was he "pushed", becuase they got nothing on camera.

OK, 2 major rants after watching some of the round 2 action.

Major rant no1- Touch-judges. Did anybody else think that the involvement of a couple of the touch-judges in incidents directly under the referee`s noses was completely uncalled for? I mean, take the Habana incident in the Bulls-Cheetahs game- the referee saw the whole thing clearly enough, he even says to the touch-judge that he saw it all and no penalty should be awarded. Then what does the idiot do? Hmmm, let`s see, it`s his moment in the spotlight, there`s an international audience of millions, so let`s just invent a push that never was in order to get your 15 minutes of fame. There were a few incidents of this sort in the SA legs of round 2- why are these touch-judges so hell-bent of getting their faces on TV?

[/b]

Good point.Touch- judges can sometimes come to the stranges conclusions.I mean a player stands and almost balance himself on another players head and that's ok-even a kick in the face, but small incidents off the ball are called almost as a rule.But inconsistancy is still a HUGE problem.Stransky.He is NO commentator.He can be an idiot as well with his ideas on transformation in the game etc etc etc. :)

Latest posts