• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bolters

V

Vespae

Who do you think will come to the World Cup as a bit of an unknown quantity and make a big difference to their team?

For me, if they both make the final cut it'd be Tom Rees and Danny Cipriani, Rees is pacey, strong and a fetcher in the mould of Neil Back (ie a 7 who comes up with the ball more often than not) something we've been missing in the England team for a while and Cipriani has that unknown quantity that suprises defences by doing things theyjust don't expect.
that's my England bolters
What are yours?

For Fiji, I'd say our bolters will be our unknown forward pack...especially our front-row. We're famous for having one of the shittiest scrum and tight forwards the world over.

But this bunch of new blokes will surprise many...we got a loose-head prop who use to play centre for his club side only 3 years ago. The coaches & fitness trainers have been spending more time with them in getting them trimmed down.

Also look out for our halfback Jone Daunivucu. Will probably come off the bench as a super-sub (much like Leonard).

For the All Blacks, I dont think Leonard will be a surprise to many now after watching his perfomance in the Tri-Nations & Super 14. Most coaches will have spend time to analyse his style to cut him down.

IMO, the bolster would be the bench players and how Henry uses them. Leonard, Evans, Mealamu & Lauaki were all picked for that very reason I think. They're the bolters.

Toeava is IMO going to show the World what he's made of and be a potential Player of the Tournament.

Toeava is IMO going to show the World what he's made of and be a potential Player of the Tournament. [/b]
no he won't he won't even start the big games,Conrad Smith will.

lol, as we saw by the fact Henry gave him stuff all minutes in the Tri Nations.

The spot is Toeava's to lose, he has proven he can hack it with the big boys, he shut down Mortlock easily enough in shitty conditions at Eden Park. Smith has had 8 minutes against the Springbok B team in 3 years, apart from that he has played in walkovers over the Lions and the French and that's preety much it.

Doesn't being a part of the "walkovers over the Lions and the French" count in Smiths favour? It will be really interesting to see what Smith (Wayne that is) decides to do with the centres. I could see it going either way. Both players offer such different characteristics.

Personally, on the bolters topic, I think the world (mainly the NH guys) will get a good example of why Kiwi's believe Mils is THAT good, and why So'oialo is probably the worlds best allround No.8.

An injury to Carter would also see the emergence of Evans, something that the rest of the world has sadly not been privy to also.

I hope for the Wallabies that guys like Stephen Hoiles and Adam Ashley-Cooper can be at their best and surprise some of the opposition.

Wales: Alun Wyn Jones
I think that this could be the stage for AWJ to cement his place as a world class lock. For the last season, he has been Wales' unsung hero (due to James Hook's emergence)

lol, as we saw by the fact Henry gave him stuff all minutes in the Tri Nations.

The spot is Toeava's to lose, he has proven he can hack it with the big boys, he shut down Mortlock easily enough in shitty conditions at Eden Park. Smith has had 8 minutes against the Springbok B team in 3 years, apart from that he has played in walkovers over the Lions and the French and that's preety much it. [/b]

he got stuff all minutes because he wasn't match fit. you said yourself he hasn't proven to the world how good he is yet(toeava) and at international level has done his best impression of reuben thorne(remaining completely invisible). believe me hes just keeping the jersey warm for conrad. if c.smith is available for selection he'll play the quarterfinal( semi and final too, results permitting) or i'll eat my hat.

Judging by his average display against Otago last night and the fact Toeava has more Test Experience, especially against the big teams, you better hope you have one of them Nacho Hat somewhere.

nacho_hat2.jpg

Wales: Alun Wyn Jones
I think that this could be the stage for AWJ to cement his place as a world class lock. For the last season, he has been Wales' unsung hero (due to James Hook's emergence) [/b]

Spot on my man, AWJ is on his way to making himself seen as one of the best lock's in the world.
Come on, bois, show 'em who's boss.

Charvis will "come back from the dead" so to speak...if he's not injured.
Hardcore, baby.

Latest posts