• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BOUGHT IT ON PC AND X BOX !

G

GarVanNeath

I just bought it on PC and X Box. I probably should have just tried the PC version first, but I'm sure it will be good. To my suprise, both versions seem to support up to 4 person multiplayer (though no online apparently).

I have to work until 5pm today and have to wait until tonight to play it. I can't wait to get home.

I bought it on the PC aswell coz the graphics sound a lot better on the pc and there is a lot more scope for modding and patching. I've got an adapter for connecting up to 4 x box controllers to my PC, which should get around the potential control problem when playing multiplayer.

Does anyone has any comments on the comparisons between the pc and x box versions ?

This is what I said in another thread about this:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
As for the XBOX v PS2 debate theme of this thread, well I haven't played it on PS2, but I got the XBOX version today but I have had it on PC for the past week and I can seriously say the PC version absolutely shits on the XBOX version! ... depending on what sort of system your running of course. I've been running the game on 1280x1024 resolution with all the other settings maxed out and the difference between the way it looks on my PC and the XBOX is pretty big... For the PC version the players are just so much more chrisp and detailed looking, as is the enviroments, load times are virtually non existant and the controls are much responsive I found asewell (if you have a logitech dual action USB pad at least). In comparison the XBOX version stuggled with the frame rate at times, generally suffered from colour bleeding/blurring and the controls didn't seem as fast...

Note: I run the game on an AMD Athlon XP 3200+, 1024meg DDR400ram, MSI NX6800GT256TD. So don't go out and get the game on PC unless you have a system purpose built for it.[/b]

Why didnt you just buy the PC and rent the xbox, then you can compare them to see which you prefer?

Cheers Sanzar, I did read your thread after I'd posted mine. I note you use an Logitech dual action gamepad, I was going to buy one from Argos for my pc but saw some stuff on the web which slated it, saying that there were problems with it. How do you find it ? I might try it anyway, coz you have 16 days to take stuff back to Argos anyway.

Still probably worth my buying both, due to the "portability" of the x box. Don't fancy lugging my PC around different houses. I can't see it testing my pc (P4 3.4Ghz, Radeon X800XT, 512 Mb DDR2).

Yeh, as Saintsfan says, I should have rented the x box version first, but that was too obvious !

Originally posted by GarVanNeath@Mar 19 2005, 02:05 AM
Cheers Sanzar, I did read your thread after I'd posted mine. I note you use an Logitech dual action gamepad, I was going to buy one from Argos for my pc but saw some stuff on the web which slated it, saying that there were problems with it. How do you find it ? I might try it anyway, coz you have 16 days to take stuff back to Argos anyway.
I personally find the dual action pad to be highly responsive, comfortable to hold and with an easy button set up... It's almost exactly the same as the PS2 controller so it's very good.

where can i get an adaptor for a ps2 control pad..........can i actually get one?

anychance if where i can get it from australia?..........as i live in australia

I just played the Xbox version at a friends house.

If that was better than the PS2, it must have been bloody poor.

PC all the way.

Latest posts