• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

1. Floyd
2. Ward
3. Pac
4. Martinez
5. JMM

No way should Martinez be higher than 4th.

Hey, look, we get it. You are proud of your country's achievements and you deserve to be. However, your opinion will not be taken seriously on these forums if it quite clear that you are excessively biased and praise everything that an Argentinian does.

Edit: 4 people on this boxing forum rate Martinez as the best boxer in the world. I bet my left arm they are Argentinian also.

Last edited:
1. Floyd
2. Ward
3. Pac
4. Martinez
5. JMM

No way should Martinez be higher than 4th.

Hey, look, we get it. You are proud of your country's achievements and you deserve to be. However, your opinion will not be taken seriously on these forums if it quite clear that you are excessively biased and praise everything that an Argentinian does.

Edit: 4 people on this boxing forum rate Martinez as the best boxer in the world. I bet my left arm they are Argentinian also.

I agree with Floyd, the others two, are just a good work of management of HBO.
I would like to see Sergio against Floyd... Maybe...
It seems to me or you have some kind of obsesion with me... Stop follow me.

Last edited:

I don't know if you are just incredibely obnoxious or if you are a troll. You're argentian so it is possible that you do believe what you say.

My top 4 is as follows

1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. Pacquaio
4. Martinez
5. Marquez

Although I could probably swap Marquez about with Martinez. Like William said, no way is Martinez higher than 4.

Floyd vs Martinez is kind of interesting, if only due to Martinez's size advantage. For that reason it'd never happen though.

Well, the IBO cruiserweight ***le is back up for grabs after Tarver tested positive.

Green vs Shane Cameron...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/b...iserweight-***le/story-fndn16fm-1226476986846

Is this a mis match or will Cameron go the 12 rounds? I've seen him fight before, but they weren't against opponents nearly as good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the IBO cruiserweight ***le is back up for grabs after Tarver tested positive.

Green vs Shane Cameron...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/b...iserweight-***le/story-fndn16fm-1226476986846

Is this a mis match or will Cameron go the 12 rounds? I've seen him fight before, but they weren't against opponents nearly as good.

Not a mismatch. Cameron just killed Monte Barrett with a 4th round K.O and was rated in the top 10 heavyweights by WBO. Green is 39 years old and lost his last two fights. Green has got in his favour that he is naturally a cruiserweight while Cameron has to lose 10kgs by November. Green is the favourite but I wouldn't be at all suprised to see him K.O'd. Cameron certainly has the power and I can't see him getting K.O'd. It'll either be Green winning by 12 round decision or Cameron winning by K.O likely in the mid rounds.

Certainly am excited for this fight.

Not a mismatch. Cameron just killed Monte Barrett with a 4th round K.O and was rated in the top 10 heavyweights by WBO. Green is 39 years old and lost his last two fights. Green has got in his favour that he is naturally a cruiserweight while Cameron has to lose 10kgs by November. Green is the favourite but I wouldn't be at all suprised to see him K.O'd. Cameron certainly has the power and I can't see him getting K.O'd. It'll either be Green winning by 12 round decision or Cameron winning by K.O likely in the mid rounds.

Certainly am excited for this fight.

I agree, it should be a good scrap. I could definitely see Cameron out boxing Green for 12 rounds, but he'd never beat the home town decision.
Cameron pretty much has to KO Green.

Cameron has to shed a few kg's but it shouldn't be a huge issue, he seemed to be getting more comfortable at the weight before the Barrett fight. I'd say Green would start as the bookies favourite, (aussie judges are notoriously bias).

I wouldn't really call Green a natural cruiserweight, he's got a small frame. He's pretty much a light heavyweight really. He spent most of his career dieting to Super middleweight.

So the Kiwi's are confident? Good news. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully it goes into the later rounds.

(on a minor point though, Green is coming off a win in July)

So the Kiwi's are confident? Good news. Looking forward to this one. Hopefully it goes into the later rounds.

(on a minor point though, Green is coming off a win in July)

Oh right, to Danny Santiago. Totally missed that fight. Don't know if I'd say I was confident of a win, but I certainly don't think he's not in Green's league at this stage of his career. It all depends if Cameron can lose the 5-6kgs needed and retain his power. If he can do that, then he's only one good punch away from a K.O. His only two losses have come by K.O, to two big heavyweights in Friday Ahananya (he was leading till 12th round TKO from cuts) and David Tua who was devistating. Green won't be able to hurt Cameron I wouldn't think, but he may be able to win on points.

Martinez stops Mayweather. Floyd knows this so he won't fight him at 154lbs. Cotto will fight Martinez if he beats Canelo (post-Trout), I have Sergio winning that one too.

Andre Ward is my pfp No.1

Terrible news out of South Africa as Corrie Sanders has been shot dead at a restaurant by robbers in what appears to be a random attack, Corrie had amazing punching power and was always fun to watch his upset over Klitchsko was legendary. He was 46.

RIP Corrie...

F...ing South Africa, you have claimed another victim. He allegedly dived infront of his daughter, trying to protect her from the robbers.

Green ended up taking the vacant IBO ***le. It was more of a brawl when Green decided to close the distance between the two for most of the fight, and in the end he won on points. There were quite a few good hits landed late in the fight but none caused a KO.

Shane Cameron was good at Cruiserweight I thought. Hopefully he keeps going and has another ***le shot soon. I imagine Danny Green only has 1 or 2 fights left in him with the ***le anyway.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/green-claims-fourth-world-***le-150397

Danny “The Green Machine†Green (33-5, 28 KOs) is now a Four Time World Champion as he defeated a durable Shane “The Mountain Warrior†Cameron (29-3, 22 KOs) and claimed the vacant IBO World Cruiserweight ***le at Hisense Arena in Melbourne, Australia on Wednesday November 21. Green came out very aggressive in round 1 which seemed to surprise Cameron who likely had expected him to come out with the strategy to run him around the ring. Cameron landed a good body blow on Green in the opening stanza. Green revealed after the fight that Cameron had broken his ribs from the body shot in the first round. Cameron was cut in round 2 as Green started to close the distance down to avoid the power Cameron possesses.

Whether you thought Green fought well or not, to win on points with broken ribs for 11 rounds is pretty solid lol.

Yep - watched the fight on Wednesday night. Green totally outclassed Cameron to be honest. Set the pace very well. Clinched at every oppertunity and managed to get his hands free and land shots (alot to the back of the head - but ref wasn't getting involved). Cameron on the other hand I thought really struggled as the rounds went on. I don't think he managed to retain anywhere near the power he had - and couldn't keep up the tempo. He also used his right waaaay to sparingly. I think it was obvious that his best chance at winning was an early K.O, but he tried to outjab Green which was never going to get him a win. By the 10th round he had faded to the point that when he threw a right it was messy and slow.

Disapointing, but I think if Cameron wants another shot he needs to stay at this weight as going up and down 10kgs is not doing him any favours at any devision.

I don't know if you are just incredibely obnoxious or if you are a troll. You're argentian so it is possible that you do believe what you say.

My top 4 is as follows

1. Mayweather
2. Ward
3. Pacquaio
4. Martinez
5. Marquez

Although I could probably swap Marquez about with Martinez. Like William said, no way is Martinez higher than 4.

Floyd vs Martinez is kind of interesting, if only due to Martinez's size advantage. For that reason it'd never happen though.
Pacquiao Number 3??? Get the f... out of here!!

Daily Mail are running a story that sporting icon Muhammad Ali "could be dead in days" (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2272798/Muhammad-Ali-dead-days.html#axzz2JsSj697E).

However a top Boxing writer Dan Rafael has claimed on Twitter that the story is "not true" and "total BS" (https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/with_replies).

his was done by his brother who doesn't see him much and seems more of a publicity kind of thing. His quotes are so hazy and have no grounds he just says he is in a bad way (no change then).

Usual Daily Mail crap in my opinion.

Like I predicted earlier - SBW won against Francois Botha by decision.

He couldn't really have picked a better opponent, like I predicted. Botha was old, slow and lacking in any real power - the only thing he brought to the fight was the list of named opponents he'd lost to.

Was a reasonably even fight to be fair, at no point did anyone look in any real trouble.

Last edited:
Like I predicted earlier - SBW won against Francois Botha by decision.

He couldn't really have picked a better opponent, like I predicted. Botha was old, slow and lacking in any real power - the only thing he brought to the fight was the list of named opponents he'd lost to.

Was a reasonably even fight to be fair, at no point did anyone look in any real trouble.

This will have SBW fan boys saying he could be the next big thing - the bright side being it will get him one step closer to fighting an opponent who is capable.

What, SBW was in real bad shape at the end and is damn lucky they decided for some reason to not fight the last two rounds. All he could do was cling to Botha although whether this was his tactic to avoid the final blows or simply to stand up is anyone's guess.

Latest posts