• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Odds on the towel being thrown in at some point? Conor couldn't lift his hands above his waist last round

Lol looks like my stream was a minute or so slow

Easy money, though. £25 on a Mayweather KO

McGregor dissing the guy who just TKOd him, lol. Delusional.

Lol looks like my stream was a minute or so slow

Easy money, though. £25 on a Mayweather KO

McGregor dissing the guy who just TKOd him, lol. Delusional.

Yeh anyone who thought Mayweather was anything but in control......

As said the commentators was selling McGregor hard.

Apparently conor missed over 300 punches, Mayweather 60 odd. That's the difference.
no rep harmed in his sport

Apart from flat out refusing to fight the number one contender, forcing them to make an interim ***le fight, and then saying he won't fight the interim champ...

Mayweather beats a journeyman boxer.
As predicted far and wide by almost anyone with a bit of boxing nous.
Yaaaawn.
Thank God it's over.

Apparently conor missed over 300 punches, Mayweather 60 odd. That's the difference.

Apart from flat out refusing to fight the number one contender, forcing them to make an interim ***le fight, and then saying he won't fight the interim champ...
Wouldn't say he refused. He is willing to fight anyone but on Russian (not trying to type name) he did have a point that he has a history of pull outs.
On McGregor overall. His #1 interest is $$$. If you were offered a minimum $100m for a boxing match with a 40 Year Old (yes he is top class but isn't a devastating power boxer) or $3-4m for a UFC fight what'd you pick?
I 100% expect McGregor to return to boxing for a fight with Mallinagi at some stage too. On the missed punces. He missed alot but he hit more in 10 than many more experienced and noted guys did in 12. Again that is a good achievement against Mayweather.

Wouldn't say he refused. He is willing to fight anyone but on Russian (not trying to type name) he did have a point that he has a history of pull outs.
Dana white has already said Conor won't fight the interim champ, will probably fight Diaz instead. He's not willing to fight anyone he's willing to fight for a big purse in which case he shouldn't be allowed to hold up the LW division holding the belt hostage.
Khabib doesn't necessarily have a history of pullouts he has a history of injuries from a lifetime of wrestling and sambo. His last pullout, due to organ failure, was the only one he didn't pull out of ages before and ****** the card up.
Conor has had the same knee issues Khabib had as well, It's just conor's happened in a fight rather than training for a fight so he didn't have to cancel anything just didn't take a fight till he was healed.

Dana white has already said Conor won't fight the interim champ, will probably fight Diaz instead. He's not willing to fight anyone he's willing to fight for a big purse in which case he shouldn't be allowed to hold up the LW division holding the belt hostage.
Khabib doesn't necessarily have a history of pullouts he has a history of injuries from a lifetime of wrestling and sambo. His last pullout, due to organ failure, was the only one he didn't pull out of ages before and ****** the card up.
Conor has had the same knee issues Khabib had as well, It's just conor's happened in a fight rather than training for a fight so he didn't have to cancel anything just didn't take a fight till he was healed.
But that is my point. Conor hasn't exactly refused to fight anyone more (and UFC are of same thinking) he want to cash in as much as he can. A McGregor Diaz Part 3 would generate much much more than LW ***le fight. I agree he holds up that division (and I'm not huge UFC fan). But we can both agree McGregor is the big money maker. UFC can't afford to upset him or leave him... yet. So he want's to cash in and so do UFC. Like logically he'd be much wiser fighting Khabib as I think he would beat him. I think Diaz will beat McGregor by KO if they meet again and that will be the end of the money making. If he fought Khabib he'd get bit more milage out of it.
Facts I see are McGregor doesn't care about belts and as long as he doesn't defend them he will keep calling himself a 2 weight Champ Champ.
My prediction is he will fight Diaz and loose but still make alot of $$$. Then return to Boxing to fight Mallinagi (promoted by Mayweather) and if he wins another boxing personality who he'd have chance in. If he makes $60million from those 3 he will walk away from the fight game (well the combat side) then. McGregor is alot of things but I think 1 thing for sure is he is smart business minded.

If saying he won't unify the interim and lw belts isn't refusing fights then I don't know what is.
No denying he'll make more cash vs diaz, and fair play to him, but he's still refusing fights vs rightful contenders to take that fight. If he's only about big money exhibition fights then he should vacate the ***le and let people who care about it fight for it.
"If you're fit to fight and you're not going to fight, the belt rightfully should be stripped". In conor's own words he should have been stripped of his ***le the day the Mayweather fight was announced.

Latest posts