• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

I used to like AJ but he always seems to be whining about people not giving him enough credit or respect these days. His post fight conduct is also really poor (cringey interviews and grabbing the belts from Usyk). He'd have a puncher's chance against anyone but the truth is he can't box that well and was shown up against Ruiz and especially Usyk.

Last edited:
Didn't watch it last night but read it was a poor fight and glad I didn't pay to watch it. Sadly lost interest in AJ. He needs to fight Wilder for me to watch him again. Neither a great boxers, but I think it would be pretty explosive.

Didn't watch it last night but read it was a poor fight and glad I didn't pay to watch it. Sadly lost interest in AJ. He needs to fight Wilder for me to watch him again. Neither a great boxers, but I think it would be pretty explosive.
AJ's lost the aggression/killed instinct - think getting knocked out has made him too cautious to unload for fear of leaving himself open
I think Wilder blitzes him - like you said though: that's probably the only fight that'd get me interested

Surprised he didn't get behind his jab like he did with DD. He just seem to walk into Chang's rather nasty left hand. Couldn't have made the fight easier for his opponent if he tried.
Yeh Joe is slow with very limited head movement, his face was just a sitting target. Can't recall what stance DD is, but Zhang being Southpaw seemed to confuse Joe, who said after the fight he couldn't get out of the way Zhang's right when clearly the right side of his face was mashed by Zhang's hammer left. If he fought Fury, who can change stance, he wouldn't last 3 rounds.

Let's face it the heavyweight division needs a Usyk v Fury reunification fight. These other fights are a sideshows.

Let's face it the heavyweight division needs a Usyk v Fury reunification fight. These other fights are a sideshows.
Disagree with that. There are some great heavyweight fights out there. Joyce and Zhang showed that there are a large number of heavyweights at similar levels offering some competitive fights. Fury won't fight Usyk so just forget about Fury he will only fight people he knows he can beat. But Dubois v Usyk? Ruiz v Zhang, Hrgović v Anderson, AJ v Wilder.

But Dubois v Usyk? Ruiz v Zhang, Hrgović v Anderson, AJ v Wilder.
Apart from AJ v Wilder can't say I am interested in any of the others. Even that fight I wouldn't get up at 4am and pay £25 if it was held in Vegas.

Apart from AJ v Wilder can't say I am interested in any of the others. Even that fight I wouldn't get up at 4am and pay £25 if it was held in Vegas.
Not saying they should be PPV but the best heavyweight fight I have seen in years was Whyte v Chisora 1. Not a championship fight but two guys going straight at it.

Not saying they should be PPV but the best heavyweight fight I have seen in years was Whyte v Chisora 1. Not a championship fight but two guys going straight at it.
Yeh that was a great fight.

Just watched too many disappointing ones. Got stung by how much I paid to watch Fury v Whyte on PPV which was a massive let down.

I think other previous one I enjoyed I can remember was AJ v WK. But that feels an age away now.

Joshua is a showman. He's not a boxer. A true boxer will arrange fights and fight. It's so surprising that the boxers fight so little these days.

Both good fights IMO.

Hard to believe that AJ v Whyte was 8 years ago. Whyte had AJ in a bit of bother at one point. Should be a good one.

Dubois reminds me a bit of Wilder. Not an elite boxer but tremendous punching power. Think Usyk's ring IQ will be too much but Dubois has a puncher's chance for sure.

Latest posts