• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Uppercut and then helped down with a shove. Nice! Still that's the third uppercut knock out Whyte's been finished by. Never personally rated Whyte as a boxer.

Watched only highlights. Not a fan of box and haven't seen "real" uppercuts before to be honest (only in staged fights)... slightly disappointed, I thought it's usually more brutal in a professional box

Watched only highlights. Not a fan of box and haven't seen "real" uppercuts before to be honest (only in staged fights)... slightly disappointed, I thought it's usually more brutal in a professional box

The last time Whyte was knocked out by an uppercut was more brutal. Lost a tooth apparently.

@The_Blindside I found also a video with Tysons' uppercuts...yeah,I take my words back, it can look incredibly impressive in a professional box, sometimes. But in case of Tyson it's even more of a talent than just practice/techniques/reaction.Some of those uppercuts are just unbelievable :

Who's your pick?

I also think Usyk, unless AJ can find a big punch early on to KO him. Usyk just a better boxer and faster to the jab.

Usyk has a far superior ring IQ and also insane footwork. Think he will tire AJ out with his movement and either stop him late or win on points. AJ needs an early KO to win IMO.

Surprised AJ weighed so heavy given he tires so easily in later rounds. Usyk singing at the weigh in shows he's in confident mood. AJ looked a little apprehensive.

AJ should be having nightmares about his post fight conduct. He was an utter embarrassment while Usyk remained a class act throughout.

Watching that fight I think Fury wouldn't have a problem with Usyk though (obviously depending on Fury's condition)

AJ needs to try and line a feel good fight up followed by a Wilder bout. Prob his best chance to take him back up to that level he didn't box badly today just isn't as skillful.

Latest posts