• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boycott Scotland

B

Bullitt

http://www.boycottscotland.com/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Unless the Scottish government rescinds this decision to release al-Megrahi, and if the British Parliament continues to avoid intervening in the matter, we urge all Americans to protest this action by boycotting the United Kingdom and Scotland in full. Don't travel to Scotland or do business there (or in the United Kingdom in general) and don't buy any British or Scottish products.1[/b]

:lol:

Suits me - I wish these ignorrant inbreds would bugger off and leave Edinburgh well alone during the summer - some of us have work to go to!! Maybe they'll all stop claiming to be Scottish just cause their great great granddad once looked at Scotland on a map.

Americans, by and large, are the most ignorrant nation on the planet.

Why is it so hard for them to grasp that they have NO right in interfering with Scottish policy? It was a crime comitted on Scottish soil and as such it is up to Scottish authorites and Scots law - regardless of the fact it involed American citizens. Look at the Kenny Ritchie case...he was a Scot - but all of legal process was up to America's system.

Unlike Ameirca, we have a reasonably fair (if sometimes soft-sentencing) law. and under Scots law a prisoner, no matter the crime, is elligable for release on compationate grounds if medical opinion is such that the prisoner in question has less than 3 months to live and is deemed to not be a threat. Al Megrahi is terminally ill, probably only weeks to live and is also not a threat. Under the critea set out in Scots law he was elgiable for release.

As McAskill said, Scotland is a compationate country. We are not the itchy trigger finger, blood thirsty country that America is. We know that to deny Al Megrahi compation makes us as bad as him - compation and mercy is what sets us apart from the murders behind the Lockerbie air attack.

Futhermore, there is and always has been doubt of the guilt of Al Megrahi. A significant number of people think that he was set up, and a fall guy, for the Lybian government who were the real ones behind the attack. Megrahi has always denied his guilt. I don't we'll ever know the truth, but I don't think Megrahi was the sole perpetrator of the attack. Complicit, yes, and for that he did deserve his life sentance. Had he not been diagnosed with terminal cancer he would have served out the rest of his sentance in Greenock.

So Americans who claim that we're a communist, terrorist loving country I say this.

You're more than welcome to bugger off to avoid Scotland. I can't say I know that many people that will miss you.

Yeah, I'd agree with nearly everything you say there except I'm sure the Scottish tourism industry would disagree with your bugger-off sentiment.

Well aye, but at least I'd be free to walk about my home city in the summer without having to dodge fat americans wearing shorts and rain coats taking photos of EVERYTHING in sight. some of us have jobs to go to!

At this moment, about 25 million "Scottish" Americans have "suddenly" found that their great great great grandparents actually came from Ireland instead of Scotland!

And look'ee here! They all come from the border between Munster and Leinster! Well we all know what that means!

Suddenly an extra 25 million attended the Munster/All Blacks game in the 1970s and another 25 million attended Leinster's HEC Final earlier this year! :D

Ha. I love how people like the head of the FBI are pulling out their righteous streak and condeming the Scots, but of course it's fine for them to kill Colonel Gaddaffi's 15 month old adopted daughter during the boming of Libya in 1986. <_< I can understand why the victims families would be angry at the Scottish government's decision, but officials like the head of the FBI have no right when they themselves have killed innocent people.

The hilarious thing about this?

Americans have spent the past, what? 250 odd years gleefully supporting Scottish independence and desperately traced their family trees for any trace of Scottish heritage until the Scottish Executive, which has primacy over matters of Scottish justice and legal issues, does something which they don't agree with.

The result? Look who's come crawling back! Suddenly they want the UK Government to somehow overrule the Scottish Executive and cause a mini constitutional crisis just to satisfy the guilt of several American investigators who buggered up the original investigation.

Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us who ordered the operation. Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us who recruited the bombers. Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us who funded the operation. Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us anything frankly.

Because of the stubborn nature of a few people, we'll never know the full facts of who was fully responsible for bringing down that plane.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 24 2009, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
At this moment, about 25 million "Scottish" Americans have "suddenly" found that their great great great grandparents actually came from Ireland instead of Scotland!

And look'ee here! They all come from the border between Munster and Leinster! Well we all know what that means!

Suddenly an extra 25 million attended the Munster/All Blacks game in the 1970s and another 25 million attended Leinster's HEC Final earlier this year! :D[/b]

Off set by the 5 million or so kiwis who refuse to acknowledge the Munster/All Black game ever happened ;)

This implies that the Americans actually give a **** about the UN in the first place which they (rightfully) don't.

Americans have spent the past, what? 250 odd years gleefully supporting Scottish independence and desperately traced their family trees for any trace of Scottish heritage until the Scottish Executive, which has primacy over matters of Scottish justice and legal issues, does something which they don't agree with.[/b]

No they haven't, they've spent 250 odd years gleefully supporting Irish independence, desperately tracing their family trees back to some potato farm so they can claim to really be Irish. The Bush government even said they would prefer Scottish independence not to happen, ditto with the Clinton government before that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Aug 23 2009, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Unlike Ameirca, we have a reasonably fair (if sometimes soft-sentencing) law.[/b]

Wow...I can never understand people who support a "soft judicial system" It baffles my mind.

America has no say in any land besides America...however that won't stop them from shouting loudly at other countries, and making boisterous proposals.

And I don't need to trace my heritage back to my roots to some godforsaken farmland xD
I know i have irish, and scottish heritage...but I'm canadian so I suppose I get exempt from the assumptions on this board. ;)

No, I wasn't supporting a soft judicial system - I believe it should be tougher when it comes to handing out sentencing (an asbo and a slap on the wrist for some inbred scumbag for attacking an innocent man because he comes from a broken home is nowhere near tough enough). What I am saying is our sentences need to be tougher, but we cannot just ignore things like compation, which is a key part of a legal system and national identity

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 23 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us who ordered the operation. Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us who recruited the bombers. Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us who funded the operation. Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us anything frankly.[/b]

Pretty much sums up what I think about this. It's all a bit silly.
Feel free to boycott Scotland however, I won't notice the difference.

Just thought I'd point out that the chances are al-Megrahi didnt even do it in the first place.

As for the rest of the nonsense, who gives a f***. A nation whos foreign policy has kept them at war consistently for the best part of 60 years is not really in the position to lecture any other nation on .......... well on anything.

Expect an invasion soon.

(Prestwick @ Aug 23 2009, 09:07 PM) *
Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us who ordered the operation. Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us who recruited the bombers. Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us who funded the operation. Letting al-Megrahi die in Prison won't tell us anything frankly.[/b]

Funny thing is it might have gone some way to re-opening the investigation. One condition of his release was that an appeal planned for the next few months will now not see the light of day. His convistion was always based on flimsy evidence, with other testimonies left out all together. It wasnt a safe conviction and they knew it, hence the release.

Now all the Americans can now go to bed sure in the knowledge that an Evil terrorist is just about dead and they can continue to ignore the very strong case (though very onconvenient one given the planned war against Iraq) against the Iranians.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Aug 24 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just thought I'd point out that the chances are al-Megrahi didnt even do it in the first place.

As for the rest of the nonsense, who gives a f***. A nation whos foreign policy has kept them at war consistently for the best part of 60 years is not really in the position to lecture any other nation on .......... well on anything.

Expect an invasion soon.[/b]
American Democracy comes to the United Kingdom? I guess we have had 12 years with the Communists in charge...

I'm sure north sea oil won't sway their decision either...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 23 2009, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
At this moment, about 25 million "Scottish" Americans have "suddenly" found that their great great great grandparents actually came from Ireland instead of Scotland![/b]

What would be the Scottish equivalent to plastic paddies?
Junque Jocks?
Hoax Highlanders?
*shrug*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Aug 24 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 24 2009, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suddenly an extra 25 million attended the Munster/All Blacks game in the 1970s and another 25 million attended Leinster's HEC Final earlier this year! :D[/b]

Off set by the 5 million or so kiwis who refuse to acknowledge the Munster/All Black game ever happened ;)

[/b][/quote]

Ah! Er...erm..I..er....

*pulls on Baa Baa's jersey*

Look at me guys! I'm the rugby equivelent of the UN! Mere details such as who won or even if the match ever took place mean nothing to me! Rugby wins! Hurrah! :lol:

I guess this will blow over eventually but I still think that the SNP Government made the right decision.

For what little difference it makes I agree with the sentiments expressed by the US. Al-Megrahi shouldn't have been released and the scenes of his 'heroes' welcome back in Libya were sickening. However I also feel that a country who carried out various acts of rendition and continue to hold people, without trial, in Guantanamo Bay have absolutely no right to criticise the Scottish authorities.