• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brad Barritt signs for Saracens on 3 year contract

He'll do well to get games ahead of Powell at Sarries. Then there's <strike>the money-robbing, useless shitehawk</strike> Farrell to also consider.

Still, plenty of options available for Eddie Jones next year.

http://www.super14.com/news/rugbyweek.asp?id=14809
Sad news from a Sharks perspective. Good luck Brad.

BTW if you play for England don't expect to set a foot in SA without getting egged. [/b]

Why do you say that? Theres no chance of him playing for England, he himself is saying that he's just popping over for a year or two before heading back down.

You should be praising the guy for having the intelligence to prepare himself for the world of international rugby. The fact that he's willing to go abroad and experience how other countries play rugby shows that he wants to be as prepared as possible.

That said, he's going to have to do some to get past Powell and Sorrell.

Why do you say that? Theres no chance of him playing for England, he himself is saying that he's just popping over for a year or two before heading back down. [/b]

If Clyde Rathbone could play SA Schools, U19 and captain our U21 team to win the world cup, and then still bugger off to play for Australia, I think Brad Barritt could just as well decide to represent England.... He is definitely good enough.

<div class='quotemain'> http://www.super14.com/news/rugbyweek.asp?id=14809

BTW if you play for England don't expect to set a foot in SA without getting egged. [/b]

Why do you say that? Theres no chance of him playing for England, he himself is saying that he's just popping over for a year or two before heading back down.

You should be praising the guy for having the intelligence to prepare himself for the world of international rugby. The fact that he's willing to go abroad and experience how other countries play rugby shows that he wants to be as prepared as possible.

[/b][/quote]
His mother has a British passport, so he technically CAN play for England as early as November or so I heard.
Plus I did say good luck to him, but if he plays for England I'll personally go down to the airport and throw a whole egg carton at him.
He's definitely a future Bok imo.

With the "British" passport thing, is his mum a Pom, a Jock, a Paddy or a sheep shagger?

Oh, teh irony, teh lulz.

If Allen has a good year he'll never make England 12 anyway.

Oh, teh irony, teh lulz.

[/b]

If that <strike>horrific useless slow fat crappy</strike> Farrel can make it, why can't Barrit?

With the "British" passport thing, is his mum a Pom, a Jock, a Paddy or a sheep shagger?[/b]

The arrogant one... "cough cough pom cough"
[/b]
Lol.
Not sure, he went to do trials for Scotland when he didn't make the SA u/21 or something. I don't know the restrictions on a "British" passports

Oh, teh irony, teh lulz.

[/b]

If that <strike>horrific useless slow fat crappy</strike> Farrel can make it, why can't Barrit? [/b]

Good point, Rob Andrew always has prefered big names instead of talented players. <_<

<div class='quotemain'>
With the "British" passport thing, is his mum a Pom, a Jock, a Paddy or a sheep shagger?[/b]

[/b]
Lol.
Not sure, he went to do trials for Scotland when he didn't make the SA u/21 or something. I don't know the restrictions on a "British" passports
[/b][/quote]Surely that'd make him (or his Mum) Scottish?

Far as I'm aware, that's not English.

<div class='quotemain'>
Oh, teh irony, teh lulz.

[/b]

If that <strike>horrific useless slow fat crappy</strike> Farrel can make it, why can't Barrit? [/b]

Good point, Rob Andrew always has prefered big names instead of talented players. <_<

[/b][/quote]
ownage.jpg

<div class='quotemain'>
Oh, teh irony, teh lulz.

[/b]

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Lol.
[/b][/quote]Surely that'd make him (or his Mum) Scottish?

Far as I'm aware, that's not English.
[/b][/quote]
I know he mom comes from the island, not so sure where. Either way, if he plays for a UK country egg's gonna hit the fan.

Oh, teh irony, teh lulz.

[/b]

rand.jpg

Thats why.

His mother has a British passport, so he technically CAN play for England as early as November or so I heard.
Plus I did say good luck to him, but if he plays for England I'll personally go down to the airport and throw a whole egg carton at him.
He's definitely a future Bok imo.
[/b]

He won't play for England though, stop fretting, you look like an old lady. He's signed with Saracens, Eddie Jones has signed him and the Sharks have let him off a year early on the basis that he's going to come up here, see the world, play in a proper cup competition for a change and then go back home in 2011 a better player for it. He isn't coming up here so he can be yet another England center who plays for one game before being dumped in favour of a 45 year old Mike Tindall.

Lets go over that again:

1. He'll be playing for Saracens. The only way that you can play for England if you're a Saracens man is if you're either backed by tons of cash (al la Farrell) or quite possibly the best on this planet for your specific discipline (al la HRH Richard Hill AKA GOD, THE GAME, THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN, THE KING OF KINGS, ETC).
2. Eddie Jones is managing Saracens. Nobody in their right mind in the RFU will listen to Eddie Jones.
3. Sharks want him back in 2011. The end.

Three rather obvious reasons why you shouldn't doubt Brad Barritt.

2011... That seems so far away.
He's one of the few Sharks players' you can describe as "solid". He's also very good in wet weather.
Anyway, how many Saffa's does Sarries have now? 5? What the hell is going on there

<div class='quotemain'> http://www.super14.com/news/rugbyweek.asp?id=14809

[/b][/quote]

fixed

You should be praising the guy for having the intelligence to prepare himself for the world of international rugby. The fact that he's willing to go abroad and experience the most awesome and most talented club in the northern hemisphere.

That said, he's going to have to do some to get past Powell and Sorrell.[/b]

i actually think powell should soon play for england the way he got past and out run some munster guys in that semi was well good. I swear loads of people from the sharks always end up at saracens one way or another. :eek:

noone ever plays for england when there at saracens except farrell and hill and now borthwick.

1. He'll be playing for Saracens. The only way that you can play for England if you're a Saracens man is if you're either backed by tons of cash (al la Farrell) or quite possibly the best on this planet for your specific discipline (al la HRH Richard Hill AKA GOD, THE GAME, THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN, THE KING OF KINGS, ETC).[/b]

also :)

The Rated–R Superstar
The Ultimate Opportunist
Guardian of The Gates of Vicarage Road

Latest posts