• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brad Barritt signs for Saracens on 3 year contract

2011... That seems so far away.
He's one of the few Sharks players' you can describe as "solid". He's also very good in wet weather.
Anyway, how many Saffa's does Sarries have now? 5? What the hell is going on there
[/b]

To remind everyone, this is what the RFU played when every Southern Hemisphere side had to face HRH Richard Hill (AKA GOD) before 2003..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_JF8oSxXtM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_JF8oSxXtM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anyway yeah, one of the suspicious reasons why Saracens is starting to look like little-Cape Town is because of the huge investment of fat wads of raaaaand by the team of investors who also back the Vodacom Blue Bulls. If Eddie's going to spend freely then he may as well buy players who would please his Vortrekker backers.

That reminds me, we need to write an entry to the Hall of Fame for HRH Richard Hill (AKA GOD). Obviously, there'd be no objections, being a living God and what not.

I'm delighted. somewhere on these forums at the end of last season i said we needed a 2nd row, a 7 and possibly another back row player, and 2 centres. Fantastic.

Borthwick and Jack = best 2nd row in the premiership.
van Heerden replaces richard hill
michael owen replaces gustard

i'm yet to see why farrell was ever picked for our team, let alone england. Sorrell is great but old; Powell is great but lacks pace. Bring on Jacobs & Barritt...

Sarries 1st team:
1. Lloyd
2. Cairns
3. Visagie
4. Jack
5. Borthwick
6. Skirving
7. van Heerden
8. Owen
9. de Kock
10. Jackson
11. Ratuvou
12. Jacobs
13. Barrit
14. Haughton
15. Leonelli

Now, whereas last year we had some class players and some very ordinary players, that looks like a top quality team. what's more ATM only one of those guys needs to worry about international duty so during autumn/ spring we'll still be strong.

However.... Saracens are notorious underachievers. I can see another boring midtable finish. Although playoffs should be the aim, and DEFINITELY HC qualification.

The problem is that yet again we're overlooking what is quite a promising Academy generation. Some of those (Goode, Cato for example) are vital to England's future.

Goode, Powell and Cato need more first class rugby time this season. Much more. If neither Goode or Cato are in the Saxons by 2010/11 then why are we blowing so much on an academy and community/schools rugby for?

Farrell's son is also in academy :s

i hope saracens can actually play well for the first time after a Christmas period in ages.

The problem is that yet again we're overlooking what is quite a promising Academy generation. Some of those (Goode, Cato for example) are vital to England's future.

Goode, Powell and Cato need more first class rugby time this season. Much more. If neither Goode or Cato are in the Saxons by 2010/11 then why are we blowing so much on an academy and community/schools rugby for?
[/b]

i forgot about Brent Russell for my team...

as for goode and cato, well they're both still very young and the chance of a rugby team going through a season without injuries/ fatigue are zero. So if Cato and, say Leonelli are the backups for the back 3 then they'll both see a lot of action. Powell will cover the centres, and Goode covers 10. Cato etc. will profit even from 7 or 8 starts in the season and a lot of benches.

Will be missed at the Sharks for sure, however with the likes of Steyn, Murray, Pienaar, Kockett and Michalak they still posess plenty of backline power...

Latest posts