• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Just read these now, I'm slow..

These rules will most likely disadvantage northern hemisphere rugby. Which relies on solid ball and forward phases. I don't know if they've noticed, but after heavy downfalls here (and it happens a lot in the Premiership) you just can't play the brand of rugby that the IRB want them to. tbh do you really want the game to end up like R2006 with turnovers every other phase? It'll really negate momentum and the game will be reduce to breakaway tries.

Completely opposed to all of this, absolute pile of ****.

what mark said.....DON'T FU%K WIT THE RULES!
rugby is good the way it is!

Allowing the ball to be played with the hand at the breakdown[/b]
this will slow the game down dramatically.....stupidest idea ever! more knock-ons, <_< and it does sound fishy!

Allowing defenders to bring the maul to ground.[/b]
thats just fu<king stupid and dangerous.....this will make mauling the ball and forward play USELESS! WTF? dumb irb fags.....hmmmm......they may just be gay!

Teams no longer have to match up numbers in the lineout.[/b]
what.....cant they count? for fu<k sake why dont you just take the forwards out of the game and play sevens.....will work then!

applying under-19 scrum laws to the senior level, which include teams being unable to wheel the scrum, or push the scrum more than 1.5 metres.[/b]
again this will make forwards utterly useless.

these rule changes will destroy rugby! ..............it will work in sevens though!
but leave the game the way it is.......just teach those lame fags the rules!

<div align="center"><span style="color:#ff0000">"I know there will be a hue and cry at any changes to the way scrums operate, but one serious injury in rugby is too many."

[/quote]

From BBC Sport

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views People???

Like every1 here, I hate these rule changes...

They better trial it properly (like give it 500+ games) and then implement. If they just change them and 'see what happens' rugby will suffer.

Soccer has been around for ages and do you ever see any 'rule' changes as significant as this?

The problems at breakdown, lineout, scrums all came about because they put in stupid rules in the name of rule change to start with.

GO BACK TO 87 and beyond (backwards) and see what made the game so good to watch.

Free kicks to be taken only by a tap kick or scrum.
[/b]

this means that teams are more likely to have scrums as there will be more free-kicks(less penalties)
and the IRB also want to take the pressure off the scrum, surely these two ideas contradict each other?

all the rest of the changes sound stupid bloody IRB :wall:

Holy crap... The IRB has become as dub as the RFU...

Where the hell is the sport I love going?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
[/b]

I think we will be at a point of not contact if they carry on making all these rule changes. Are they stuppid or something? Have they forgotten that there is a World cup less than 12 months away and that there is no way that WALES can win it :wall: with rule changes like this. It atkes us long enough to adapt to changes as it is.

Kicking for touch is a pretty big part of Rugby. At least I think...it's a bit of skill and can gain your side a large amout of territory. Why do they always f___ with games?

Latest posts