TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
17208.2.jpg

The group behind a proposed Brisbane-based NRL franchise is hoping to secure the services of union stars Sonny Bill Williams and Quade Cooper for their new enterprise.

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2011/rugby/story/138516.html

Well, they both have the same twat of a manager. They'd have to be offering up some big cash for those two names though.

SBW never had any intention to stick around after the WC.

They can keep Cooper.

SBW never had any intention to stick around after the WC.

They can keep Cooper.

How do you know that?

SBW is one of the most sort out men in world rugby at the moment. He's been linked with a move to a mass amount of places, yet none of the stuff printed has any real substance behind it bar from the Toulon bid for him. Sick and tired of seeing people at any opportunity try and attack him.

How do you know that?

SBW is one of the most sort out men in world rugby at the moment. He's been linked with a move to a mass amount of places, yet none of the stuff printed has any real substance behind it bar from the Toulon bid for him. Sick and tired of seeing people at any opportunity try and attack him.

Leave Sonny Alone!?

I'm not attacking him. He's an awesome player.

His contract ends at the end of the world cup and he's stated that he's seriously considering a return to the NRL. He's been in talks with Russel Crowe which sound just as likely as the Toulon offer.

Sonny Bill is a good rugby player but not a great boxer from what i hear

He's not a bad boxer but it's obvious that it's just something he does on the side. I think he could've been quite good if he'd pursued boxing alone.

Sonny can't play NRL until 2013 anyway when his contract with the Bulldogs finally runs out. It's not going to help this new team get into the competition if SBW is their big signing.

Sonny can't play NRL until 2013 anyway when his contract with the Bulldogs finally runs out. It's not going to help this new team get into the competition if SBW is their big signing.

In fact he can't play RL anywhere, not even UK Superleague.

i hope sonny bill stays with union...he plays better union then league....league kinda slowed him down.

i hope sonny bill stays with union...he plays better union then league....league kinda slowed him down.

You reckon??...League made him a superstar.

I think hes good at both Union and League.

Agreed, although he's clearly more comfortable playing the 13 man code due to his upbringing and unique skill set. Also, I really believe that if NRL salaries were equal to those seen in France, he would never have switched codes. Bottom Line: He's a really, really good Union player but a sublime Leaguer.

He is better at league IMO.

Anyway, for future reference. Don't trust anyone managed by Khoder Nasser when it comes to transfer rumors. They take revving up their market value to a new low. Soon enough SBW won't be ruling out a move to the NBA, and Quade will be "in talks" with Sydney FC.

forr some reason i see him doing more of those trademark flick passes in union than league..he sets up alot more tries..and i think centres in union know how to run better lines than centres in league. So his outside centre would be happy havn someone like sbw. I reckon leagues version of sbw would be feleti mateo. Lol

Just heard on tele that SBW is a converted muslim.

You learn something new every day.

forr some reason i see him doing more of those trademark flick passes in union than league..he sets up alot more tries..and i think centres in union know how to run better lines than centres in league. So his outside centre would be happy havn someone like sbw. I reckon leagues version of sbw would be feleti mateo. Lol

The first underlined point I'll agree with as Union defenses aren't allowed to be nearly as organized due to the set "phases" of play seen in League but the second point...oh no no no my friend...

I reckon leagues version of sbw would be feleti mateo. Lol

Feleti doesnt tackle like Sonny did in the NRL and Feletis offloads arent as clean as Sonnys. Just before Sonny hit the NRL there were already 2nd rowers that liked to offload, Ali Lauititi was one that I remember but there were ones before Ali too. Lot of second rowers these days ball play, its not that Feleti is trying to be SBW, its just a part of a modern day 2nd rowers game that they love to do.

Just heard on tele that SBW is a converted muslim.

You learn something new every day.

He converted ages ago bro.

Latest posts